is it true sunbeds/extreme heat will disintegrate botox?

will using a sunbed or going on holiday reduce the effects of botox?

Sun Exposure/Heat and Botox

Neither sun exposure or heat have any effect on Botox once it is injected.  Before Botox is injected it has to be handled, maintained, and stored at the proper conditions.

Tanning beds will not interfere with Botox but will give you skin cancer

Tanning beds will not reduce the effectiveness of Botox but will give you skin cancer. Heat or tanning (indoors or outside) will not interfere with Botox. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox disintegration

Prior to injection,  the botox bottle needs to be stored at a certain temperature to maintain its safety and effectiveness. Once injected, Botox is already starting to work within ~30 minutes and temperature changes should not affect its safety or efficacy. That being said, tanning and extremes of heat are not good for your health and should be avoided regardless of Botox injections. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Will sunbeds/extreme heat disintegrate Botox?

Although tanning in sun beds can damage the skin, it should not affect the results from Botox.  I am not aware of being in extreme heat causing any effect on Botox results as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon