Female, can I still get Facial Feminization Surgery? Flat forehead, large nose, strange hairline, wide face, overbite? (Photos)

I'm a 20 year old woman, and I have an asymmetrical face and masculine features. I'm mainly focused on getting my nose and my forehead done, since they're the most noticeable. Is Facial Feminization Surgery a good option? I'm hoping that the rest of my features won't bother me as much after getting those 2 things done, but I might get more work done down the road if it's still a problem, so I would like to know my options for other types of surgeries that will improve my appearance. Thanks.

Facial feminization

In my opinion, you may be able to get the refinement of the upper third of your face by simply doing two things. The first is to get botox injections to raise the outer part of your eyebrows, and the second would be to contour your eyebrows to that it accentuates the height of the lateral portion of the brow. This can be done either by plucking or getting a professional wax. Your brow can also be de-emphasized by filling in what is called the radix of the nose which is the area between your brow and the small bump of your nose. This is low for you as in many individuals and is making your brow more prominent.

I also agree with previous comments about your chin and nose. Dr. Jeffrey Jumaily is in Toronto and has had the best training in FFS and other facial plastic surgery procedures. You can't go wrong in his hands. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with him.

Sarah Saxon, MD

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial feminization

Based on your photos I would recommend rounding of your forehead and a rhinoplasty. By rounding I mean forehead contouring that we routinely perform; I would recommend against injecting your forehead with filler or other materials since that is going to make your forehead actually more prominent. A small chin implant will also contribute to the harmony of your face.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

​Facial feminization for a female with a flat forehead, wide face strange hairline and an overbite.

Facial feminization for a female with a flat forehead, wide face strange hairline and an overbite. Based on looking at your pictures I think you can benefit from a rhinoplasty as well as a chin implant for your forehead you can consider filling the center part of your forehead. I would base some of these things with what is in line with facial Beauty. We have an award winning theory on beauty that gives us an incredible advantage that can help you if you need some thoughts on this when you go see your plastic surgeon. Thanks

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Start with your chin

You do have some facial asymmetry, but if you look closely, so does everyone else.  Most plastic surgery is really facial feminization surgery to some degree - done to make someone look younger and more feminine.  So as long as you don't need bone reshaping you don't need to go to someone who specializes in FFS (and I don't think you need any bone reshaping).  You have small chin, and this makes your face look round and your jaw look full.  A chin implant or "sliding genioplasty" would help to give you an almond shaped more delicate and feminine.  This would also make you nose look smaller, but I think a rhinoplasty to give you a more refined nose would be the second step.  These procedures are often done together.  Your forehead is actually quite feminine and I wouldn't change it if I were you. 

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Facial feminization in the female?

each person is different. In my more than 35 years of experience doing facial feminization I would suggest that you only need a rhinoplasty properly done and a chin implant. These two will give you much better facial balance and make you look far more feminine and attractive. See a very experienced surgeon who does natural looking noses and not the overdone look.  Your forehead is fine the way it is.