Unhappy with my implants, too small! 255cc round mod. 1 week post op. What do I do? (Photos)

At first my ps suggested 200cc but I pushed for 255. He made it seem like this was so big so I was scared of them being huge! Now I'm so unhappy with them they seem so small. If I wear no bra with a shirt you can barley tell. I was really hoping to be a c cup and I'm still firing into my old bras. Honestly I'm not sure what to do at this point, I spent $9000 to just be at the same place. What do I do??? I'm 19years old, 5'2 106lbs and was a 32aa before. My bwd is 10cm

Well, at this point you will have to allow things to heal up.  He may not have been able to put larger implants in. Best to be patients and then consider a revision at a later time.

Unhappy with my implants, too small! 255cc round mod. 1 week post op. What do I do?

Thank you for your question and photograph, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  Though they will not get bigger, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

What to do

I'm sorry to hear that you are so unsatisfied with your augmentation.  However, the days and weeks following a breast augmentation can be hectic and emotional.  It's very early on at one week.  Give it some time before you assess your outcome.  Most surgeons would encourage you to wait 6 months before seeking a revision to allow the pocket to stretch.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Too Early

If you decide to go larger, wait at least 6 months to allow time for the skin to stretch, and the implants to drop and fluff.  At one week post op it is way to early to see the final result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Unhappy with my implants, too small!

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 
From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred. You may also be happier once the swelling AROUND the breast implants dissipates and the implants' shape and projection become more visible. Patients often report that they are happier with the cleavage area once these changes occur also. From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.
 Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.   If, in the longer term, you remain displeased with breast size, it is likely that re augmentation with larger breast implants will be possible.   Best wishes  or an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Too early to judge.

It's best to be patient to let the skin stretch and implants to drop and fluff. This will likely improve projection and then you might like the size of your breasts better. You should wait at least 1 year for revision surgery. Your photos show good healing and with time this could be a really nice result. Speak with your PS about your concerns but don't be too negative. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD