How many cc would 290 grams of rice be?

I had my consultation yesterday and my surgeon gave me the option of 325, 345 or 365 cc silicone implants. I'm currently a small 34b and hoping to achieve a full D. I liked the look of the 365cc but would like to try a diy rice sizer at home to get a grasp of how they would look in various clothes. I only have scales (grams) to measure the rice. I've made some sizers with 290grams of rice, how many cc would this be? Or how much would I need to replicate 365cc? Thank you!

Cc to grams

A cubic centimeter of water weighs one gram. If rice were the same density as water then 290 grams of rice would equal 290cc of water.  That said, 290 grams of rice will not be exactly equal to a 290 cc implant as saline and gel implants of different types aren't exactly what the fill volume may advertise.  But that does give you a pretty close approximation.  I hope this helps.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

How many cc would 290 grams of rice be?

When trying on sizers, even those out of rice, you want to measure volume ( cc's) not weight.  Use a large (4 cup) kitchen measuring cup.  Most cups will have ounces and cc measurements.  Make your sizers according to the cc's you want and try them on.  Using rice sizers will help you determine your desired implant size but they are not as accurate as using the sizers at your plastic surgeon's office. Best wishes.

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Gms to ccs

The rice method relies more on volume than weight. 30cc of breast volume equates to 1 ounce of rice. Simply measure out 9 and 1/2 ounces of rice. Place it into an old stocking leaving room at the end to flatten it out. This can be added to your breast to help visualize what that volume breast implant may look like. Hope that's helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

DIY rice sizers

The most accurate way to make your rice sizers is to use liquid measure (mL), as found in a measuring cup (or even a Nalgene bottle, though these tend to be less accurate). If this method is unavailable, the dry measure of grams is roughly equivalent to cc's (for them to be truly equal rice would have to have the same atomic weight as silicone, which is does not, but for your purposes it is likely close enough). The most important thing to focus on is how the volume looks, not the number of cc's. I'm happy to hear you are going to make rice sizers and spend some time making this decision. Good luck! Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Gms and cc's

The beauty of the metric system is that grams and cc's are the same.  So 290 gms is 290 cc's.........

How many cc would 290 grams of rice be?

The rice test is best done not by weight but by volume. Put your rice into a measuring cup not on the scale. You can measure out 325 ml of rice and place it in a stretchy container like a very thin stocking and the size will be close to the 325 cc implant. The look however is most important, not the number.

How many cc would 290 grams of rice be?

Thank you for the question.  There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. In my opinions, I do not think that the generalizations of "150 cc or 250 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or is helpful in any specific way. There are simply too many variables such as a specific patient's dimensions and the variability in bra manufacturer's cup sizes… 

Furthermore, although useful as rough guidelines and as communication tools, all the modalities currently used to predict what breast implant size/profile will best achieve a patient's goals with breast augmentation are NOT very accurate, in my opinion. The use of the rice test, sizers placed beneath a patient's bra, goal pictures, computer imaging technology… are all useful, but not necessarily as accurate as one would hope.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

• 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
  • In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural look” or "full D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
  • I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

How many cc would 290 grams of rice be?

Thank you for your question.  I tend to make it easier on patients by equating measuring cups to the cc size of particular implants.  In general 1 cup of rice is approximately 250cc of implant volume.  With that you can assuming 1/2 cup to be 125cc and so on.  For 365cc you would need just under a cup and a half of rice.  Hope this helps.