300ccs or 325cc for a small frame?

I am torn between 2 sizes. Im not sure if I should go with 300cc or 325. I was told that if I were to get 300, It would end up looking like 275cc in my body. I am Currently an A cup. I have a very small body frame , I weigh around 90 lbs and around 5'4. I want to achieve a C Cup . I know the difference between these two implants Is just a teaspoon but the 325 is a bit wider and I'm not sure how that would end up looking on my body frame. I want a natural perky look.

Implant choice

Choosing the right implant for you will depend upon many factors and most importantly an exam in person. 25 cc's is not a big difference. Best of luck.

Deciding Between Implants

If after meeting with your surgeon and trying on various implant sizes, you have narrowed down what you like to 300 and 325ml, it sounds like you have accomplished quite a bit. The final look between the two implant sizes would be so similar, it would probably be difficult to appreciate the difference. That being said, go with your instinct. If you do truly like the look of both of the implants on you to the same degree, I would probably default to picking the slightly larger of the two. In my experience, of the small percent of patients that wish they would have picked a different size implant, about 9/10 wish the would have gone slightly larger. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

300ccs or 325cc for a small frame?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, 

Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

Thanks for your question.  As a surgeon who does this procedure several times each week, I can tell you that a 25 cc difference between the implant choices will prove inconsequential.  The important thing is that you and your surgeon have decided that you want to increase your size to a C cup and will require approximately 300 cc to get there. The best way for you to be comfortable with this decision and not worry further is to simply let your surgeon make the choice during the procedure.  I have no doubt that he/she will be comfortable doing so and you will be comfortable knowing that the decision is being based not just on pre-op measurements but also on intra-operative factors such as pocket dissection and tissue pliability.

300cc implant vs 325cc implant

Thanks so much for your question. 25cc's likely won't make a visible difference. In our office, when the difference is only a matter of an amount like 25cc's, patients tend to go with the slightly larger implant. Having said that, proper implant choice i.e. based on chest measurements and implant diameter must be taken into consideration. For the most part, either implant will provide you with a nice result. We always suggest discussing any concerns or questions with your surgeon's office. Good luck!!

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

300 vs 325

Thank you for your question. The 25 cc difference between the two implants is very small. The proper size is best determined by the dimensions of your chest wall. As you are very petite, your surgeon should be wary not to select an implant that is too wide as it will extend in to your axilla (arm pit) not a good look. There are different profiles of implants which have greater projection for a given base width that may be beneficial for you.

Be sure to consult with an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and have all your questions answered. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implant size

There is very little difference in these two implants. The best way to pick implant size is based on your breast and chest width and not the volume. As the implants get bigger, they get wider. When the width of the implant fits the width of your chest, it will look nice and fit your frame. If the implants are too small, you will have a gap between them and they may look too far apart. If they are too wide, they will make you look top heavy as they may be too wide and stick well out past the sides of your chest. There are ways to get a bigger or smaller look.This can be done by picking a different implant profile. The higher the profile, the narrower the base width of the implant. If someone has a very narrow chest and wants to be big, they should consider a higher profile implant. If someone has a broad chest and they do not want to be too big but want to avoid the gap and still have cleavage without projection, they should consider a lower profile implant such as a moderate. There are options in between these such as the moderate plus. I prefer the underarm approach so there is no scar on your breast. The new silicone is the only way to go as far a rippling as the new silicone ripples much less than saline, especially in the larger implants. I personally prefer the smooth round implants under the muscle placed through the under arm to give you the most natural look and feel. This also leaves no scar on your breast.
Dr Scott Ennis   

Implant Size for a Small Frame

Thank you for your question. There are several factors that go into determining what implant size is best for you and your body. The most important measurement is the base diameter. Your surgeon should choose an implant range that will fit in that dimension. The difference between the two implants you are considering is extremely small. This being said, the number one complaint is "I wish I went bigger".

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon