4 day post op. When will my breast drop? They're 550cc silicone (Photo)

When will my breast drop? Theyre 550cc silicone

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

4 days post op

You're still very early in healing. Express any concerns to your surgeon.  They're still riding high but depending upon technique this can be deliberate and desirable at less than a week out. They will "drop and fluff" over the next few weeks. Best of luck. 

4 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

Its early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photo. The breasts will typically drop & fluff throughout the first 2-6 months post BBA. If your Implants are larger in volume and placed under the muscle, you can expect this to take time. 

The pectoral muscles are currently swollen and tight tissue means implant volume is temporarily displaced up and outward. Try to be patient as you recover and let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have any concerns.

All the best 

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still very early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing there to be more fullness at the bottom.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would continue to wear your surgical bra, ice your breasts on and off and perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

When will breasts drop?

You are early in the recovery period. It may usually take between 3 to 6 months to obtain the final results. The implants would drop in that time.

Implants initially sit high up because the chest muscles and surrounding breast tissues have not become accustomed to the implant resulting in tightness. You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to appear more natural, softer, and rounder. Once that happens, the implant will sit directly behind the breast tissue in a natural 45:55 breast ratio, and the nipples will move up higher. Currently, there may be excessive upper pole fullness (> 55:45) , so in time, this will change.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates. In fact, the process I described above can occur quicker in one breast over another.

Please give time for the “drop and fluff.”

With persistent inward and downward breast massaging, along with pole wraps, the breasts drop.

Patience is key!

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully. Their recovery instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation question

It can take 3 to 6 months or longer for implants to settle into their final position. Be patient. Good luck with your recovery!

When do Implants Drop?

Settling of the implants requires stretch of the muscle and skin over the contour of the implant and takes weeks to months.  If you were to get photos of your breasts over time you would notice that they just look beter and better even up to 18 months after surgery.

It hard to be patient, but mother nature will take its course over time.

Best of luck for a good recovery!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Implants and dropping

You have to give it a good 3-6 months for the implants to settle. Four days out is way too early.  Best of luck.

Implants dropping post op

Thank you for asking and posting pictures. I would definitely ask your surgeon if they recommend massaging exercises, this can help. Everyone drops and heals differently, but on average it is about 6 months post op when things are settled and in place. Best of luck! Dr. K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD