4 day post op. When will my breast drop? They're 550cc silicone (Photo)

When will my breast drop? Theyre 550cc silicone

4 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

Its early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photo. The breasts will typically drop & fluff throughout the first 2-6 months post BBA. If your Implants are larger in volume and placed under the muscle, you can expect this to take time. 

The pectoral muscles are currently swollen and tight tissue means implant volume is temporarily displaced up and outward. Try to be patient as you recover and let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have any concerns.

All the best 

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still very early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing there to be more fullness at the bottom.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would continue to wear your surgical bra, ice your breasts on and off and perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

When will breasts drop?

You are early in the recovery period. It may usually take between 3 to 6 months to obtain the final results. The implants would drop in that time.

Implants initially sit high up because the chest muscles and surrounding breast tissues have not become accustomed to the implant resulting in tightness. You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to appear more natural, softer, and rounder. Once that happens, the implant will sit directly behind the breast tissue in a natural 45:55 breast ratio, and the nipples will move up higher. Currently, there may be excessive upper pole fullness (> 55:45) , so in time, this will change.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates. In fact, the process I described above can occur quicker in one breast over another.

Please give time for the “drop and fluff.”

With persistent inward and downward breast massaging, along with pole wraps, the breasts drop.

Patience is key!

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully. Their recovery instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation question

It can take 3 to 6 months or longer for implants to settle into their final position. Be patient. Good luck with your recovery!

When do Implants Drop?

Settling of the implants requires stretch of the muscle and skin over the contour of the implant and takes weeks to months.  If you were to get photos of your breasts over time you would notice that they just look beter and better even up to 18 months after surgery.

It hard to be patient, but mother nature will take its course over time.

Best of luck for a good recovery!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Implants and dropping

You have to give it a good 3-6 months for the implants to settle. Four days out is way too early.  Best of luck.

Implants dropping post op

Thank you for asking and posting pictures. I would definitely ask your surgeon if they recommend massaging exercises, this can help. Everyone drops and heals differently, but on average it is about 6 months post op when things are settled and in place. Best of luck! Dr. K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Breast Final position after surgery

Good Afternoon and thank you for your questions and pictures. First at all you should know you can always talk with your plastic surgeon about your doubts. You should also consider that after surgery your breasts usually drop a little and they do it at different times, however you need to wait at least 3-6 months until they settle in their final position and them evaluate the results. Another recommendation that you can consider after speaking about it with your board certified surgeon it's the possibility of doing professional massages.  Good luck!

Rafael Gottenger, MD