Possibility of injecting Juvederm on silicone implant chin? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 6
Thank you for your clinical post and photograph. Chin asymmetry following insertion of a silicone implant is not uncommon. Often it can be made worse by pre-existing asymmetries or failure to recognize them. If the chin implant has been stable and there are no signs or symptoms of an infection then topical soft tissue fillers can be used on top of the silicone implant to provide more symmetry. These can be Hyaluronic acid sugar gels such as Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, biostimulatory fillers or even fat grafting.
There are some risks such as implant infection, extrusion and failure, but these are rare. Oral antibiotic prophylaxis would generally also be recommended at the time.
I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.
To find out more or schedule a consultation, please visit the link below.
R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Chin Implant Assymmtry and Fillers
You might also like...
Implant and juvederm in jaw
I have many patients who require correction for asymmetry and Juvederm works extremely well for this. As with any injection there is a low rid of infection. Best, Dr. Green
Injection of juvederm near a permanent implant
Juvederm over an asymmetric chin implant
- The injection can lead to an infection around the implant - unlikely but possible.
- The Juvederm should be injection in the chin tissues, not deep near the implant.
- It is reasonable to try -
- But ask your surgeon doing the injection to give you a preventive antibiotics prescription to take an hour before the injection to reduce the risk of infection.
- Hope you get the look you want!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.