Possibility of injecting Juvederm on silicone implant chin? (Photo)

Hi i have silicone implant on my chin, and result was not asymmetric, I've done this surgury 6 years ago.I'm wondering to know is it possibe to correct this asymmetry with injecting juvederm or not. I don't want to remove my implant

Juvederm injections

Dear saahaar21,

Thank you for your clinical post and photograph. Chin asymmetry following insertion of a silicone implant is not uncommon. Often it can be made worse by pre-existing asymmetries or failure to recognize them. If the chin implant has been stable and there are no signs or symptoms of an infection then topical soft tissue fillers can be used on top of the silicone implant to provide more symmetry. These can be Hyaluronic acid sugar gels such as Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, biostimulatory fillers or even fat grafting.

There are some risks such as implant infection, extrusion and failure, but these are rare. Oral antibiotic prophylaxis would generally also be recommended at the time.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

To find out more or schedule a consultation, please visit the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

Chin Implant Assymmtry and Fillers

I fix this all the time with fillers and fat. I would consider seeing a facial sculpting expert to get the best result.  Dr. Emer.

Chin implant

Unless the implant was shaved down, then you likely had a chin asymmetry to begin with. Fillers can be used to augment the flatter side.

Implant and juvederm in jaw

I have many patients who require correction for asymmetry and Juvederm works extremely well for this. As with any injection there is a low rid of infection. Best,  Dr. Green

Injection of juvederm near a permanent implant

Although a low risk, an injection near a permanent implant could potentially result in an infection of the implant.  However, generally, since chin implants are placed on top of the bone deeply, injections into the soft tissues of the skin would carry a lower risk of infection.  Speak to your physician prior to obtaining an injections as some may recommend antibiotics prior to the treatment.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm over an asymmetric chin implant

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm chin injection.

• The injection can lead to an infection around the implant - unlikely but possible.
  • The Juvederm should be injection in the chin tissues, not deep near the implant.
  • It is reasonable to try -
  • But ask your surgeon doing the injection to give you a preventive antibiotics prescription to take an hour before the injection to reduce the risk of infection.
  • Hope you get the look you want!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.