If I stop doing laser sessions for 3 months, should I continue to shave? Or wax?

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatmetns

Waxing or shaving will not affect your laser hair removal sessions.  Please ask your physician what is best.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser hair removal

You may shave or wax during your 3 month break from laser hair removal.  Before resuming your laser treatments, though, if you decide on waxing, you need to allow your remaining hair to grow back a bit.  The laser acts on the pigment in the hair follicles.  Waxing pulls the follicles out of the skin, leaving nothing for the laser to target.  If you are unsure when you are going to start laser treatments again, stick with shaving since that does not affect the hair follicles.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon