Is laser genesis suitable for someone with pigments history?

I have olive skin tone with a history of pigments, i'd like to have laser genesis treatments for rejuvenation but i am worried that it might trigger and aggravate the pigmented area that i had a few years ago, i would really appreciate your advice, i am 34 years of age, thankyou

Laser Genesis & Melasma

The wavelength of the laser genesis, 1064, is actually what is used to treat hyper pigmentation such as melasma. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person and discuss your best options. 

Laser Genesis & Melasma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Laser Genesis has broad use across skin colors but not all skin conditions

If you have been diagnosed with Melasma, Laser Genesis might not be the best choice since it "can" trigger a recurrence of Melasma.

Heat-based devices all have the potential to wake up sleeping pigment cells, so careful selection in treatment choice is always more of a chore for those with high pigment skin or hormonal Melasma.

See a physician with a wide range of treatment options for rejuvenation so that you have the option of the least pigmentation response.

Yes, safe if performed correctly

The wavelength is similar for vascular and also pigment namely 1064, so yes, if performed correctly, absolutely safe. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Yes, safe if performed correctly

Laser Genesis Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. Laser Genesis is a treatment that is safe for all skin types and no downtime at all. The wavelength that is used by this treatment (1064) is actually used for people who have pigmentation issues. I don't think you will have any problems getting this treatment done, I love it myself, hope this helps. Dr.S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Genesis Treatment

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon