Fraxel after v beam for stretch marks?

I have red/purple stretch marks on my hips and have had 3 fraxel treatments. The fraxel helped with the texture and has shrunk the stretch marks. However, they are still quite red/purple and i was thinking of trying v beam. I would also like to have more fraxel treatments. So i am wondering if getting more fraxel after v beam would make the redness come back? Would the vbeam results be permanent even with further laser treatments?

Red/purple stretch marks need vascular laser

I would recommend the VBeam or Excel V for these. They can be treated at the same time as the Fraxel if wanted. Fraxel won't help with the redness like these laser can. It will take about 3 treatments with these lasers  

Laser treatment for stretch marks

The Excel V or V-Beam lasers are good treatment options for stretch marks with a red/purple color cause by underlying vascularity. A few treatment sessions will be required but you will see great results. Afterwards, you may or may not need additional Fraxel treatments to improve texture. If you do need Fraxel treatment, it will not cause the vascularity to return. 

Treating Stretch Marks with V-Beam and Fraxel

I absolutely would treat your stretch marks with V-Beam for the redness or eMatrix or Fraxel for the texture. This is the absolute best combination of treatments for these type of marks and I suggest you alternate treatments for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Best Lasers for Red Stretch Marks

Stretch marks can be one of the most difficult skin conditions to treat; I am happy to hear yours are getting better with Fraxel treatments.

The VBeam laser is an excellent choice to help with the red color of your stretch marks. It is actually safe and effective to perform both the VBeam and Fraxel within the same session, so long as the VBeam is performed before numbing is applied.

The redness you experience post-Fraxel is very superficial, and generally subsides within a few days; the red color to your stretch marks exists deeper within the skin. Therefore, if you are to improve the color of your stretch marks with the VBeam laser, the redness will not return outside of the superficial, temporary flush you experience post-Fraxel. Be sure to always seek the consult of a board certified Dermatologist in regards to lasers. Best of luck!

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting Great Results with the Right Combination--Eclipse Micropen, PRP, Viva/Skinfinity, Fraxel/Pulsed Dye Laser

This does take a combination approach for improvement. This type of stretch marks needs vascular laser treatments and then can be treated with microneedling/PRP or non ablative lasers (viva or skinfinity) to get the best results.  we do both vascular and nonablative on the same day.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.