Should my face be so dark 48 hrs after Fraxel Dual Laser? (photo)

Skin appearance after Fraxel

This is a normal appearance after skin resurfacing with Fraxel. The darkening will resolve in the next few days. It is important to keep your skin moist and not to scrub, rub or pick at the skin. Soon enough you will be able to enjoy your Fraxel results!

Fraxel Dual Laser

Thank you for your question and your photo. Yes, this is a typical response after the Fraxel, particularly if they used the 1927 wavelength. It should begin to peel in the next couple of days and all that dark will peel off. Keep your skin moisturized and don't pick at it as it begins to peel. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Fraxel Dual

Your photo shows a typical response (especially if the 1927 wavelength was used). You will have some flaking and peeling for the next couple of days. Keep the skin covered with ointment (or whatever your physician has recommended). Best of luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

After Fraxel, skin is brown

This is normal after the Fraxel, particularly when the 1927 wavelength is used. It will start peeling away in couple days. Make sure the skin is highly moisturized during this period.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

The Bronze Effect-Fraxel Laser Normal Side Effects

This bronzing can last several days. I suggest speaking to your physician about what you should expect. If the 1927nm wavelength was used this would be normal. Best, Dr. Emer.