Thread Lift or Mini Lift for Sagging Jowls and Neck?

I am a 43-year-old female. I have sagging jowls and neck. Jowls are genetic and my neck was damaged through excessive dieting. I am considering either a thread lift or a mini lift. Will thread lift remove the waddle?

No to Thread Lifts

It sounds to me that you may be a candidate for a lower face and neck lift but certainly not a thread lift. This thread lift has really not stood up to scientific scrutiny and is generally been cast aside by most reputable surgeons. A minilift or short scar facelift is an excellent procedure on those with the proper indications. It is not as effective for the upper neck "waddle" as the more traditional facelift however.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thread lifts do nice but Mini lift does better

Threadlifts do good for the jowls and cheeks and eyebrows but not so great on necks. A mini lift or facelift does much better and lasts longer but is much more expensive. Threadlifts last 1-5 yrs and do great to tweek areas or fine tune them to what you want even after a facelift but necks are especially difficult areas to tighten.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Thread Lift

If you are looking for that beautiful, healthy, youthful V-shape face, PDO thread lift is the procedure of choice for you. Starting from the top adding botox to help with those forehead, glabella, around the eyes wrinkles, then work your way down to the checks and frown/lip lines with filler. That leaves you with sagging jowls and neck! The PDO thread lift is a lunchtime procedure, minimal bruising, 0 downtime that pulls those sagging areas up and restores your whole look! They are safe, and absorbable. They last up to 2 years! I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

Threadlift or Mini Lift

It is possible to improve the waddle with threads, but will require an in person consultaiton with a very experienced cosmetic surgeon who is versed with threadlift procedures. 

Andre Berger, MD

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician