FX laser contraindicated when taking Humira?

I have grannuloma annulare. It was very extensive on my legs and arms. Completely stained my calves from knee to foot. Humira has completely cleared me for 2 years. I want to have a deep laser resurfacing. I am still taking the Humira. Is cosmetic surgery on the face contraindicated when taking Humira?

Humira and Fraxel

Fraxel is a great laser for skin resurfacing.  I don't see any contraindication with Humira for this procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Humira and Laser Resurfacing

I have never had an issue with autoimmune diesease and lasers.  There is no gurantee that the condition will not flare from the trauma of the laser, but in my experience I have not seen this.  Please only see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Humira

Humira doesn't inhibit wound healing.  Therefore, Fraxel is well tolerated while on Humira.  Fraxel is great for clearing blotchy skin as well as improving texture.  It's one of my favorite procedures of all time.

Zena Gabriel, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon