Does it take longer for hands to peel from Fraxel?

I had Fraxel of the face and hands 4 days ago and my face is peeling looking good but my hands are not. They still feel rough. Does it take longer for hands?

Fraxel on Face and off-Face such as Hands, Arms, Chest, Legs

Fraxel is an amazing laser to remove dark spots.  The laser takes about one week to heal on the face.  Any areas off-face takes at least 4 weeks to heal.  Be certain to consult at expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel for Hand Rejuvenation

There are 2 Fraxel lasers: Fraxel Re:Store Dual Laser and Fraxel Re:Pair.
Fraxel Re:Pair is a fractional Co2 Laser. It produces amazing results after just one treatment, but tends to have a longer recovery, usually 4-7 days for the face and up to 3 weeks of redness for treatment to the hands. For this reason, we typically recommend Fraxel Re:Store for hands for our patients.
Fraxel Re:Store Dual is an erbium laser that has a shorter downtime, but usually requires a series of treatments, usually 3-5. This laser includes a second wavelength that specifically targets pigmentation, too, which is nice for hands with dark spots and sun damage.
You should check in with your provider about which laser you had and what you should be expecting in terms of redness and healing.

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, takes extra 3-4 days.

Hand and extremities take a little longer to heal. This will also depend on factors such as the type of Fraxel (1927 - 15550- RePair). Like Dr Emer I ask patients to gently exfoliate in the shower at day 4-5 after laser. The use of a moisturiser 2-3 times a day will also help, and remember to keep out of the sun. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist, 
Brisbane. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel on the Hands

Yes the hands take significantly longer to heal, I have all my patients on an exfoliating cleanser and mask as well as a silicone based growth factor recover gel to aid in the healing process.  Best, Dr. Emer.