Hi I Am a Thirty Year Old Female Size 38D and Am Very Unhappy with the Appearance of my Breasts. What to Do? (photo)

I feel my nipples are too low on my breast but I don't want my breasts any larger. Not sure what the best course of action would be to correct this?

Breast Lift with Auto-augmentation technique

If you are happy with your current volume, but simply want the volume back where it used to be, you may be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with auto-augmentation.
This is my primary method of breast lift in patients who do not require a breast implant.  This will provide natural results with suture resuspension of the breast tissue to the upper pole producing fullness/cleavage without tension on your skin.   This will minimize stretching of the skin longterm.  
Also, by avoiding the longer horizontal scar, you will be able to show cleavage without visible scars and where swimsuits and bras that easily camouflage all your scars. 

This allows for a long lasting result because the breast tissue itself has been lifted, not just the surrounding skin.
I wish you a safe recovery and fabulous result!
Dr. Gill

Breast Lift

Its difficult to assess your breasts from your photo.  I need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.   Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Breast Lift

A breast lift is really the only option. There is short scar, peri-areolar, and traditional inverted T scars depending on the examination, the amount of droop and the amount of lift wanted, the size of the breasts, and weight of the patients. A small amount of tissue can be removed if you want a slightly smaller size.

The trade off is scars, potential change in sensation, and ability to breast feed. The scars can settle unevenly, and nipples can have healing problems. Many patients decide not to have a lift because they dont want any scars. It is very important to quit smoking or the nicotine could cause tissue to die.

A breast lift is a good operation for someone not minding the tradeoffs but does not have the simple, hidden scars of implants. However, implants make you larger and only correct small amounts of droop.

New alternate lift, minimal scars

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional techniques, which women find unacceptable.  This technique will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Your right breast is larger than the left and can be reduced at the same time to produce symmetry.  This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift!

A breast lift is the right operation for you! And you have some options as well. The first would be timing...At thirty years old you may or may not be thinking about children and breast feeding and if those are possibilities, then I would wait. The other consideration is whether to use an implant or not. A small implant placed completely under the muscle can give you some upper fullness that most women desire...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Hi I Am a Thirty Year Old Female Size 38D and Am Very Unhappy with the Appearance of my Breasts. What to Do?

A breast lift without implants would produce a nice result with the right surgeon.  In general, a saggy breast will need at least a lollipop lift, an anchor lift, or something in between.  I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Very Unhappy with the Appearance of my Breasts.

Thank you for sharing your photos as they help tremendously to give you an opinion. I would recommend a mastopexy (breast lift) with little, if any, removal of tissue other than skin. You should have a result of breasts that are higher on your chest with nipples and areolae pointing forward and not down. The resultant scars are all hidden under a bra, bikini or evening dress and typically heal smoothly with minimal skin color or texture change.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift for Nipple Correction

Thank you for submitting your photo.  Based on this alone it appears that you would be a good candidate for Mastopexy (breast lift).  You seem to have a good amount of breast volume and if you are happy with your size I do not think that you would need implants.  A mastopexy alone would increase fullness in the upper pole of the breasts and raise the nipple height as well, resulting in the "perky" appearance that most women desire.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Breast Reduction or mastopexy (breast lift)?

It is always difficult to tell in photos but it looks like you may have some breast ptosis. This is where the nipples are low on the base of the breast.  It also looks like you may have some breast asymmetry, which is normal.  We are all unequal but to varying degrees.  You might consider a mastopexy or breast lift.  This will reshape your breasts and lift the nipples higher.  There is a vertical technique which leaves less scarring.  The scar looks like a lollipop instead of an anchor.  Your may be a good candidate for this lesser scarring technique.  Alternatively, if you want to be smaller then you may consider a breast reduction and this also lifts your breasts at the same time.  Either way the breasts will probably look more youthful!  I would highly recommend a formal consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck to you!

Droopy Nipples Corrected by Breast Lift

You appear to be a great candidate for a breast lift.There are three popular Breast Lift techniques. (1) peri-areolar mastopexy, (2) vertical short scar or lollipop incision and (3) the inverted-T technique. Patients have varying preferences for breast shape,  A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast surgery will be able to explain the various techniques and how each method will enhance the appearance of the breast. Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD