Swelling after ThermiTight to the abdomen typically lasts 1-2 weeks. During this time, you should not be feeling any significant discomfort although there may be some bruising. There are no real restrictions on your daily activities.
Congratulations on having your treatment.
In my experience, the amount of swelling and discomfort can vary. On average, I see about 3-4 days of swelling but it can be as short as none or as long as a week. The pain factor is quite minimal as well.
ThermiTight Swelling - Usually Just a Couple Days, Sometimes a Week or Two, Rarely More
I have been asked this question many times.One of the exciting things about the
technology is that while it is most commonly used in the neck and cheeks, it
can be applied in like tissues in various locations in the body.
Minimal swelling is generally an advantage of ThermiTight compared to surgical procedures and more dramatic results is generally an advantage compared to other energy-based techniques. ThermiTight sits in the "in between" sweet spot.
In the abdomen, the swelling usually resolves in just a few days to less than a week. Occasionally, it takes two weeks and rarely more. The good news is that unless your work includes wearing a bathing suit, you'll likely easily engage in activities of daily living from the first day or so. Pain is most often minimal and we have to hold people back from their desire for vigorous exercise for a few days to a week.
Results are often noticed in a few weeks and progress for months to even a year or more.
ThermiTight is a great option to tighten skin wherever you have laxity. I applaud the doc that advised you to have TherniTight on your tummy instead of CoolSculpting if you didn't have excess fat and only had lax skin. The swelling is normal and generally lasts about two weeks. You can use a compression garment to speed the process along of you like. I also recommend Arnica Montana and Bromelain as supplements to help in your healing process. I have seen improvement in as early as 2 weeks, but you should expect to see results in 2-3 months. Be patient, its worth it!
I hope this helps!
Thermi RF tightening, how long will it last?
As mentioned below, it takes several months to see improvement. The swelling usually resolves in the first 2 weeks but then is usually appears a bit worse initially just due to the swelling and after a month most people start to see some mild improvement. The results are often excellent but you need to be patient. I've seen improvement continue for up to a year, especially if there was also fat melting done at the same time.
Thermi RF tightening, how long will the swelling last?
The majority of the swelling will subside in a week or two, but the residual may take a month. If you had the procedure to help melt some of the fat the swelling tends to last a bit longer than just skin tightening alone.
Swelling after ThermiTight
In cases such as the abdomen, where some higher temperatures may have been used to 'melt' some of the fat underneath the skin, the swelling might last a couple of week or so. Any heating of the fat will add time to the recovery but will be well worth it in the long run.
Swelling following ThermiTight to the abdomen area
Swelling following ThermiTight treatment to a large area like the abdomen is common. Typically, the really noticeable swelling (about 80% of the initial swelling) is resolved in 1 to 3 weeks depending on a variety of factors. At this point most people are pretty much back to where they started. The remaining 20% will require several months to completely resolve. This is the time when one sees the improvement gradually appear.
Swelling following ThremiTight of the abdomen-duration?
The patient reports being one week following ThermiTight radiofrequency treatment to the abdomen. She was advised because the problem was more skin than fat to have the radiofrequency treatment rather than fat treatment. Certainly this is appropriate in that skin tightening will occur with the radiofrequency, usually to a greater degree than with liposuction or other fat treatments. As with any internal energy source there is swelling as the body heals the treatment area. This usually is largely reduced in 3 to 4 weeks although several months may pass before its at its best. Ancillary treatment can be quite helpful including wearing a compression garment as well as a lymphatic massage or endermology treatment. Taking oral herbal supplements such as Arnica Montana or bromelain can be helpful also.
Healing after #thermiTight and #themiSmooth
Healing after #thermiTight and #themiSmooth
Swelling can last several days.
Most studies show that RF gives the best tightening results for skin but the improvements go on for months (which is good, you just need to be patient)