Thermi RF tightening, how long will the swelling last?

Hi, I had a Thermi RF on my abdomen last week. I did it because I went to consult for cool sculpting and was told my issue was not fat but laxity of the skin. The procedure went well, just bruising but I am actually quite swollen and I wonder how long the swelling will last Thank you

ThermiTight

Swelling after ThermiTight to the abdomen typically lasts 1-2 weeks. During this time, you should not be feeling any significant discomfort although there may be some bruising. There are no real restrictions on your daily activities.

San Diego Dermatologist

An Average of 3-4 Days

Congratulations on having your treatment.

In my experience, the amount of swelling and discomfort can vary. On average, I see about 3-4 days of swelling but it can be as short as none or as long as a week. The pain factor is quite minimal as well.

Carlo P. Honrado, MD, FACS

ThermiTight abdomen - swelling - how long....???

ThermiTight of the abdomen can produce swelling which will be for several weeks, and then sometimes it is not very much. You just have to let your tissues recover however they do naturally. A mild compression garment is helpful, as is external ultrasound. Just be patient, the results will be worth it. Abdomen's especially are some of my happiest patients!

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

How long with Thermi last

Swelling is common after the thermi RF tightening procedure and typically lasts anywhere from a few days to about a week. A compression garment is usually worn by patients for 48-72 hours continuously after the procedure which helps to minimize swelling. By contrast, with surgical skin tightening, involving incisions and cutting, recovery can be up to many weeks.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight Swelling - Usually Just a Couple Days, Sometimes a Week or Two, Rarely More

I have been asked this question many times.One of the exciting things about the technology is that while it is most commonly used in the neck and cheeks, it can be applied in like tissues in various locations in the body.

Minimal swelling is generally an advantage of ThermiTight compared to surgical procedures and more dramatic results is generally an advantage compared to other energy-based techniques.  ThermiTight sits in the "in between" sweet spot.

In the abdomen, the swelling usually resolves in just a few days to less than a week. Occasionally, it takes two weeks and rarely more.  The good news is that unless your work includes wearing a bathing suit, you'll likely easily engage in activities of daily living from the first day or so.  Pain is most often minimal and we have to hold people back from their desire for vigorous exercise for a few days to a week.

Results are often noticed in a few weeks and progress for months to even a year or more.

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

ThermiTight and swelling

ThermiTight is a great option to tighten skin wherever you have laxity. I applaud the doc that advised you to have TherniTight on your tummy instead of CoolSculpting if you didn't have excess fat and only had lax skin. The swelling is normal and generally lasts about two weeks. You can use a compression garment to speed the process along of you like. I also recommend Arnica Montana and Bromelain as supplements to help in your healing process. I have seen improvement in as early as 2 weeks, but you should expect to see results in 2-3 months. Be patient, its worth it!

I hope this helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Thermi RF tightening, how long will it last?

As mentioned below, it takes several months to see improvement.  The swelling usually resolves in the first 2 weeks but then is usually appears a bit worse initially just due to the swelling and after a month most people start to see some mild improvement.  The results are often excellent but you need to be patient.  I've seen improvement continue for up to a year, especially if there was also fat melting done at the same time.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

The majority of the swelling will subside in a week or two, but the residual may take a month. If you had the procedure to help melt some of the fat the swelling tends to last a bit longer than just skin tightening alone.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after ThermiTight

In cases such as the abdomen, where some higher temperatures may have been used to 'melt' some of the fat underneath the skin, the swelling might last a couple of week or so. Any heating of the fat will add time to the recovery but will be well worth it in the long run.

Julio Garcia, MD

Swelling following ThermiTight to the abdomen area

Swelling following ThermiTight treatment to a large area like the abdomen is common. Typically, the really noticeable swelling (about 80% of the initial swelling) is resolved in 1 to 3 weeks depending on a variety of factors. At this point most people are pretty much back to where they started.  The remaining 20% will require several months to completely resolve. This is the time when one sees the improvement gradually appear. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon