Are there any drug interactions between hydrocodone and Botox?

I had my first Botox injections yesterday for glabellar lines. I do not have visible bruising or swelling from the Botox, and just mild injection site pain (hardly worth mentioning) for which I applied an ice pack. I do not seem to be having any side effects from the Botox. However, before the Botox I had been taking hydrocodone occasionally at night for a bruised rib and back pain because that pain was sometimes keeping me from sleeping.

Hydrocodone and Botox

I am not aware of any interaction between Botox and Hydrocodone.  I would suggest you check with your treating physician and make them aware of the situation.  

Botox and Hydrocodone

I know of no interaction between these two medications.

To be sure, call your doctor who injected Botox for you.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

No Interaction Between Hydrocodone and Botox

Botox is a purified protein that works locally by blocking the receptors that cause muscle contraction.  Hydrocodone is an opiate derivative that works on completely different receptors.  Therefore, there is no interaction or synergy when using both of these.

No interaction

I do not know of any interactions between Botox and Hydrocodone so you should still get the normal results from your injections.

Effects of medications on Botox treatment

While aspirin, aspirin-containing products and other medications that have anti-coagulative properties will increase the risk of bruising during administration of Botox, hydrocodone will have no interaction with Botox.  Botox works only locally in the muscle, and will not have any systemic (whole body) effect in cosmetic dosages.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Hydrocodone and Botox

There should be no problem having Botox treatments, or any other cosmetic injectable product,  while taking hydrocodone.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hydrocodone and Botox

There are no drug interactions between hydrocodone and Botox that I know of or have read about.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."