What is the Best Moisturizer to Use Daily when Using Retin-a (photo)

when using retin-a a what is the best moisterizer to use at night with it and the best one during the day. I'm 73 yrs old

Elevase Moisture Booster with Retinoids

In our office, we prescribe retinoid products daily. We advise patients to mix the Retinoid creams with Elevase Moisture Booster which contains hydrating Opti-Ceramides. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Elevase Moisture Booster with Retinoids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Moisturizer Recommendations....

Anything you tolerate well is perfectly fine.  I personally like to recommend my patients to use Skin Medica's TNS Dermal Repair in the evening for extra moisturizing with their RetinA and just a light moisturizer like Skin Medica's Ultra Sheer in the morning before putting on their sunscreen.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Moisturizer Recommendations....

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Best Moisturizer to Use Daily when Using Retin-a

The best moisturizer is one that hydrates the skin, decreases inflammation, as well as protects from the sun. I recommend Pro therapy and SPF 30 every morning as well as Neocutis Biocream every night after washing the face followed by the Retin-A 30 minutes later.

Barbara Bopp, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Barbara Bopp, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon