What is the Difference Between a MD and DO FACS?

I am considering an implant removal and I am looking some of the before and after pics here in the site, I saw a Dr instead of MD says DO, FACS after his name, what it does mean? I really appreciate your attention

There may not be a whole lot of difference.  Make sure that the doctor is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

MD vs DO vs FACS

MD vs DO are different philosophies of medical education. Traditionally MD is what most people identify with but the DO's are fine as well.  If you are looking for a plastic surgeon they should be boarded by ABPS and a member of ASPS and/or ASAPS.  FACS refers to their affiliation as a Fellow of the American College of Surgery.

Selection of Plastic Surgeon?

Assuming you choose a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon,  the distinction of M.D. versus D.O.  will not be significant.

Generally speaking,  it will be important for you to do your due diligence and the selection of plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

An MD shows that the doc graduated from a medical school, a DO shows the he/she graduated from and osteopathic school. Although in older history some would have considered osteopathic schools to be somewhat cultish, nowadays the schools have pretty much identical curricula and DO's are usually accepted into many medical school residencies.

FACS means the doc is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the major organization of surgeons in the US. More important is that your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  

All the best.