How much is the cost of botox per unit?

Botox and Cost

The price for Botox depends on the experience on the injector.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with years of experience with Botox and facial injections.

Cost of Botox

• "Botox" can be sold for as low as "$6 a unit" - for that price you will get ripped off - you will probably be injected with salt water or given half the Botox you are told you received.
  • Why? Botox costs the doctor more than $5 a unit. 
  • So it is usually given at $10 - $20 a unit, depending on the area of the country, how much is given, if there is a special on offer and if you are a special patient of the practice.
  • Please always have Botox from a physician's practice, ideally from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist, Facial Plastic Surgeon or Opthalmologist - we are the specialists trained in cosmetic treatments. Best wishes.

How much is the cost of botox per unit?

Cost of Botox can vary from the area you live in and the injector, it could range anywhere from $10-$17 dollars a unit.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

How much is the cost of botox per unit?

The cost of Botox varies by city and by the experience and training of your injector. Getting the best deal is not always in your best interest. Having your Botox injected by a surgeon with a true understanding of the muscles of the face is safer.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox cost is variable

Just like gasoline, your going to see varying prices per 'unit' of Botox. Its all the same material, but unlike gasoline for your car, the Botox injector's skill and experience is very important. 

How much is the cost of Botox per unit?

Botox generally costs around $16 per unit. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. Each is a fantastic choice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox Pricing

Thank you for the question. Botox pricing varies widely across the country.  In addition, price per unit will vary based on the setting -- i.e., plastic surgery or cosmetic dermatology office vs. med-spa or salon. In the San Francisco Bay Area, I have seen prices from $10 - $20 per unit.  The most common price is about $15.  In my practice, we frequently offer discounts when Botox is paired with other treatments, such as injectable fillers like Juvaderm.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Botox in the Bay Area

In the San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland - Bay area - Botox injections cost can vary from $10 to $15 per unit. Presently, in our practice we charge $12 per unit.  However, if a patient buys 100 units at a time and "banks" the amount they don't use for future visits, we offer a discounted price of $10 per unit.   Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Price of Botox

The price of Botox will vary depending on where you live.  In larger cities it may be as high as $15 or $16 per unit.  In smaller cities it can be closer to $12 or $13 per unit.  I charge by the unit so you only pay for what you need, but some practices may charge by the area which can range from $250-$350 per area.  If you go to a board certified physician either way is acceptable.  I hope this helps.  

Jennifer Janiga, MD
Reno Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox, cost per unit in the Portland Metro Area

Diony,

The cost per unit varies in the Portland Metro area depending on the office and their specialty.  I track pricing on a regular basis and it averages between $10-$12 per unit.  You can always find offices that offer it at deeper discounts or at much higher rates. Don't make your decision solely on price or if its being offered on Groupon. Do your research and find out who is doing the injections.  The Oregon Medical Board just recently changed the designation for Botox as the act of prescribing medicine so at your initial treatment you should receive an intake examination, treatment plan and photos that the physician signs off on and verifies.  Oregon however does not require any specific licensing for who is delegated the responsibility of preforming the injections so at any given office you may get an aesthetician,CNA, MA, RN, NP, PA or MD. It is all about training, years of experience and is the office/injector reputable.  If an adverse event occurs, who will be standing behind the service. Is the medical director/doctor on site? Is the company physician owned or has the medical director been hired and only comes on site to sign charts occasionally?  Hope this information helps and good luck to you on your search.  

Kenneth Janoff, MD
Portland General Surgeon