Can my belly button be fixed? (photo)

I had a "tummy tuck" 4 years ago it was just skin removal my muscles were not tighten or stitched. A week post op I had my incision open and I had to go back in to close it. A week later my BB started closing I had a revision as well The skin around my BB is really thin, I can see the veins through that part of the skin, it looks like it has a lot of tiny stretch marks around it My dr said it happened because I was allergic to the stitches I want it fixed but I do not want to make the scar worse

Belly button surgery/Umbilicoplasty

You have stenosis or narrowing of the opening to your belly button. This can be improved with umbilicoplasty surgery. I advise you see a fully qualified plastic surgeon with experience in this area.

All the very best,

Jonathan Adamthwaite FRCS (Plast) Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Belly button revision

Thanks for posting your questions and photograph.  You have a narrowing of your belly button most likely due to scar tissue.  An umbilicoplasty may improve the aesthetic appearance of your belly button.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Robert Drielsma, MBBS, BSc, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Narrow belly button

Hello David,

Unfortunately your belly button has significantly narrowed due to the scarring and likely the issues you had with the surgery.  An umbilicoplasty or surgery to revise/recreate the belly button may help improve the overall appearance. Due to the amount of central skin involvement complete removal of the thinning tissue may not be possible. However, this would only be able to ascertained with an in person examination.

I would recommend seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon to talk the possibility of umbilicoplasty to improve your belly button appearance.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

Rukmini V. Rednam, MD