Darkened Skin Permanent Normal After TCA Peel?

I just had a 30% TCA peel done 11 days ago. It frosted then dried up and peeled, and now my skin is dark. Could this be hyperpigmentation? If so will it fade over time? I am going to start using hydroquinone it is so embarrassing, but the doctors say it is normal.

Will the darkness fade soon? I have to go on a summer vacation and its so embarrasing, as I cant wear my back out.

Hyperpigmentation after TcA peel

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Brown skin, Asian skin, East Indian and African American skin is prone to hyperpigmentation.

Before you spend $$ on peels or IPL, try these topicals.

This is called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). 

I recommend Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams from Kare Skin as well as a broad spectrum sunblock like Spectrase. Bothe are from Kare Skin. Scler-x post inflammatory hyperigmentation relief complex is a great supplement to take as well. See link below. 

Spectrase is a wide spectrum sunblock SPF 50+that is also recommended to prevent ongoing inflammation. 

Use a combination bleaching agent

I have seen this reaction in patients with darker complexions as well.

It is important to use sunscreens as well.

This can have a component of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation and the use of a combination bleaching agent with a steroid component is also beneficial.