Is it normal to have oblong breasts and nipples pointing down 2 days post op? (Photos)

I am two days post op. I am a 40 year old mother of two. I weigh 114 lbs. I received 325 ccs on each side, smooth, moderate profile Mentor implants. My nipples were low prior to surgery so my Dr. used liposuction in my chest and breasts to create a lifting effect. He said I didn't need a lift. However, after surgery, I am very concerned that I might have weird looking breasts for the rest of my life. Will my nipples move upward as my breasts settle? Sorry for the sideways pics. That is how the uploaded.

Is it normal to have oblong breasts and nipples pointing down 2 days post op?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice.

Initially after breast augmentation it is not unusual for breasts to look "square" or an oblong shape. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. 

Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting (and that they have better "cleavage"). Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.  There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.