I have a fever of 102.4 and my tissue expander hurts really bad like it has fluid?

Tissue Expander Reconstruction

Please contact your surgeon.  A temperature and pain associated with you tissue expander based reconstruction signs of infection which require immediate attention.IV Antibiotics maybe necessary if there is going to be an opportunity to salvage the reconstruction.

Fever and pain

Fever and pain are the main indications of an infection around an expander.  I hope you have already called your surgeon and been seen.  This is not an emergency but I would not put it off until tomorrow.  Good luck.  I hope the expander is not infected but you need to have your surgeon evaluate.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Expanders

Fever and pain with expanders is not a good sign. You should speak with your surgeon and probably need to be seen in person to make sure you do not have an infected expander.

Sounds like you need to call your chosen operative surgeon TODAY! Something not right from your detailed description. Please call him now.