Forehead Fillers and Botox for deep vertical line. (photos)

I'm 22 and I already have a very deep entrenched vertical line in the center of my forehead. it makes me look very angry and older than I am. I would rather not have to start getting cosmetic surgery for this so young but I don't want it to get any worse. I'm looking for the most permanent solution .

You may be a great candidate for BOTOX®.

Given that your young age as well as the fact that you’d rather not have cosmetic surgery, I feel that BOTOX® is the best solution for you. I recommend that you consult with a skilled cosmetic surgeon who has experience doing both surgical and non-surgical facial procedures, as they will have a thorough understanding of facial anatomy and can deliver injections in the correct areas. BOTOX® will relax the muscles that are contributing to this deep vertical line, and by getting BOTOX® injections every 3 months, you’ll likely be able to enjoy an overall improvement in your forehead appearance.

There is a solution

Thanks for your question. Do not be alarmed, there are many others with these lines and fortunately there is a solution. I would recommend a couple units of Botox. The botox will help the line from deepening and down the line, with consistent treatments, avoid the line from returning altogether as it's freezing the muscles. Hope this helps and don't be afraid!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Botox and Deep Crease

In my opinion you are a great candidate for Botox and maybe even a filler. With Botox you will need to go every 60 to 90 days, and filler will last 9 months. So keep in mind the maintenance afterwards.
Please consult a professional in your area.

Botox Is Typically Best Treatment for Frown Lines

You are very young to have such a deep crease in your forehead and I understand your desire to take care of it before it worsens. Botox would be an excellent choice for you. This neuromodulator works by relaxing the dynamic muscle that causes the targeted wrinkle, allowing the skin to smooth out. Although Botox must be re-administered every three to four months, in some cases continued use weakens the muscle sufficiently so that it no longer flexes enough to cause wrinkling, and therefore the Botox can be discontinued, or at least administered much less often. This is highly variable by individual, however. If the muscle does not relax sufficiently to smooth out the wrinkle to your satisfaction, a hyaluronic acid-based filler such as Juvederm or Restalyne can help. Talk to a board-certified dermatologist so he or she can discuss all the options available for your case.

Treatment for deep vertical line

I can completely understand your concern with the deep vertical crease in your forehead. You are young and do not want to look beyond your years.  The great news is you do not need cosmetic surgery, you are a great candidate for Botox. Botox can be placed in your forehead area to prevent the corrugator muscle from contracting and creating the crease you dislike. The effect of the Botox should relax and soften the vertical line. Best of luck!

Jason S. Cooper, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for glabellar or central forehead creases

It does appear that you have a relatively deep forehead or glabellar area crease. Botox and possibly fillers can help to alleviate that area. Long time treatment with Botox can help to diminish the line over time so that it tends to dissipate. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination treatment with Botox and fillers for deep frown lines

Unfortunately, there isn't a permanent solution that I can recommend for your deep frown line. However, I do believe you will get a nice result with Botox injection to the glabellar muscle complex. If the lines do not completely resolve with Botox injection, a filler such as Juvederm, Restylane or Belotero can be injected in addition to the Botox to improve the result. Unfortunately, the Botox will need to be reinjected every 3-4 months. The filler will last longer as long as you maintain the Botox treatments.

Treating frown lines

I understand your concerns. My recommendation would be to start with a neurotoxin  like Botox or Dysport to help soften this area. If you can keep this area from contracting it will lessen the appearance of the lines. I have many patients who have this problem (much worse) and I recommend they stay on a neurotoxin regimen every 3 months. Usually within a year it is much improved if not resolved. If not resolved in a year of consistent treatment then I would recommend a filler to this area.  There are risks with injecting this area with filler so special precautions need to be taken. A filler would not stop the need for botox to this area it would only compliment results and help results of filler last longer. Any Hylauronic acid based filler like Juvaderm or Restalyne would be a good option.  Wish you all the best.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Forehead Fillers and Botox for deep vertical line.

There're no non surgical permanent solutions. I might try 20 to 25 units BOTOX with 1 syringe of Restylane silk HA filler. Plus might add Nova Lift to glabellar (about 12 threads to give a 1 to1.5  year result)... Fee range from $2,000.

Botox/Dysport plus filler

I think you would achieve a wonderful result with a combination of a neurotoxin (ex: Botox, Dysport) and a thin filler such as Belotero or Restylane Silk. Botox is placed with just a few small injections and lasts ~4-4.5 months in most people. Some people find with continued use it lasts even longer. This would relax the muscle creating the furrow. A filler can be placed in the skin to further soften the line. Injection of a filler in this area should always be performed by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon familiar with the anatomy. If placed incorrectly the filler can cause serious complications such as damage to the skin of the forehead and scarring.

Kathryn Kent, MD
Saint Helena Dermatologist