Can someone get Microdermabrasion when they have Crohn's disease and are taking Imuran?

I read on a website that if you have an autoimmune disease that you shouldn't get microdermabrasion. I would like to get microdermabrasion done on my face if it is safe to do so.

Consult your physician

Microdermabrasion is gentle and non-invasive method of removing the surface layer of the skin and it should not represent a problem if your skin is capable of restoration. It is not recommended to keratosis sufferers, active rosacea, active acne, diabetes, auto-immune disorders, fragile capillaries, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis or lupus. You should consult with your physician before committing yourself to microdermabrasion.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Microdermabrasion

Microdermabrasion is an extremely superficial procedure and you should have no problem getting it done

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist