Weight gain after SculpSure treatment?

What will happen if I gain weight after SculpSure treatment? will the fat increase in other areas first or fat cells will produce in the treaed areas first?

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment.  If you gain weight, you will gain it in all areas -- treated and untreated.

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

Sculpsure and weight gain

When you gain weight after Sculpsure the fat cells all over the body will increase in size, including in the area that was treated. However it is less likely to go there than before the treatment, since you have less fat cells remaining there. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Possibly

Fat cells can increase in size greatly. They are able to shrink and expand easily. Even though fat cells are destroyed in the areas treated with Sculpsure, there are fat cells that are left behind. These cells, along with the cells in the other areas, would increase in size with weight gain. Like liposuction, weight gain after Sculpsure will lead to fat increasing more in areas not treated than in areas treated.

Elizabeth Arthur, MD
Rochester Dermatologist

Weight gain after SculpSure

SculpSure is considered a "fat-elimination" procedure in which fat cells are permanently destroyed.  Fat cells do not regenerate.  This is in contrast to weight loss in which fat cells essentially shrink and store less fat, but the fat cells will grow with weight gain.   If you gain weight after your SculpSure treatment, the remaining fat cells all over your body may enlarge and your result may not be as evident.   Fat will not specifically go to the treated area first.

Sculpsure and weight gain

Sculpsure is designed to permanently destroy fat cells.    Gaining weight causes enlargement of fat cells so the existing fat cells will increase in size and the overall effect will depend on where those remaining fat cells are and how much the individual cells enlarge. 

Weight gain after SculpSure treatment?

Thanks for your question. SculpSure is designed to permanently destroy fat. Should you gain weight after treatment, it may disperse evenly in other areas of the body. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure results are permanent

Patients considering SculpSure should have realistic expectations from their permanent fat-reduction procedures and should consider a series of 1 to 3 treatments to achieve optimal results. SculpSure patients destroy the treated fat cells permanently. However, with weight loss or weight gain, the size of fat cells can fluctuate with the change in the total bodyweight.

Ideal candidates for SculpSure should be within 10 to 20 pounds of their ideal weight or with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of under 30. SculpSure technology targets fat in the abdomen and flank areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. If the patient gains weight in the future, then they may need to receive more SculpSure procedures to maintain their results. However, the fat cells that they lose with the treatments are completely and permanently expelled by the body.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and Weight Gain

If you gain weight after the SculpSure treatment that can affect your result from the treatment. You are born with a certain amount of fat cells. The treatment will target some, however the surrounding untreated areas still have fat cells that can grow. We explain to our patients the importance of a healthy lifestyle that includes diet and exercise in addition to SculpSure, as SculpSure should not replace a healthy lifestyle but merely serve as a jump start to your healthy lifestyle plan or as an additive to your already healthy lifestyle!

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Weight fluctuation after body contouring procedure

We are all born with a finite number of fat cells.  As our weight changes, the fat cells become larger or smaller.  When fat cells are removed (liposuction, tummy tuck) or destroyed (SculpSure, Cool Sculpting) they are permanently gone.  But, we don't remove all the fat cells and in the case of SculpSure only 24%, on average, are destroyed.  So, when you gain or lose weight, the areas treated will fluctuate just like they did before the treatment.  The contouring effect from the procedure will remain, remember, we are just contouring localized areas of fat.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Weight gain after SculpSure will simply cause you to gain weight in areas to which you would normally first gain weight. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more about the procedure itself and the recovery process.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon