I had Sculpsure done on my inner thighs in July, measurements bigger and more cellulite, should I get the procedure again?

At a plastic surgeons office but not the plastic surgeon himself. They said she was trained by cynosure. Now its october and i noticed that my thighs actually got fatter! Sorry i have no pics but i have noticeably more cellulite and squeezable fat and my measurement got bigger! Is it because the surgeon never do it or maybe the heat wasnt high enough? Im not eating any more and in fact exersizing more so it cant be that. Im considering getting another sculpsure procedure in the same area again since my thighs got worse since the first timr or would that be a bad idea?

A couple of reasons for your results thus far -

I have found in my clinic that individuals that have their thighs done may experience a bit more swelling versus the abdomen.  Depending on how far out you are - I've had patients who still feel a bit swollen in that area even 6 weeks out, but completely resolved by the 12 week mark.  Also - if you have increased your activity and are doing a lot of lower body work, your body will be retaining some fluid to accommodate for that.  You can think of it as your body preparing itself for the next workout.  This is the reason why many people gain weight when first starting to exercise - it's simply water retention and it's normal.  This should even itself out within 2-3 weeks of consistent exercise.  Be sure you are drinking lots of water and I would consider a special type of massage called a "lymphatic massage" that can help eliminate extra fluid in those areas.  Lastly, keep track of your progress - many people need more than one treatment.  But, most importantly - kudos for the exercise program!  Keep it up!

Cedar Rapids Physician

Almost all patients will need a second treatment

people should expect to need a second treatment and it should be at least 6 weeks after the first treatment. As a board certified PS, i don't actually hook the patient but rather use my aesthetician, who is trained in the procedure to do this. 

There is no reason to expect that it should make your cellulite worse, except that any fat reduction can theoretically make cellulite worse. 

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Second session needed

SculpSure is still a new procedure, only FDA approved in October of 2015.  So, we are still learning how best to treat our patients.  The inner thighs is an area that is "off label" and not FDA approved.  We are now realizing that almost all our patients need a second treatment and more applicator heads need to be used during each treatment cycle.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. It is possible that the setting for SculpSure was not high enough, however, more than likely, the result was the fact that SculpSure is most effective at eliminating up to 25% of your unwanted subcutaneous fat when it is performed in a few different treatments. I suggest that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure to the thighs

Sculpsure maximal results are at 12 weeks so you may still see some improvement however,   Sculpsure does not treat cellulite.  Be sure to avoid weight gain when having any body contouring procedures done.  Also, it is possible that you thigh muscles have increased due to exercise.   Before and after photos should be helpful.   Return to the clinic where your procedure was done , and discuss your concerns.

SculpSure results

Thanks for your question. Unsure when you did the treatment but optimal results from SculpSure are reached at 12 weeks. Before and after photos are a great way to tell. The treatment may be done by a SculpSure expert; doctor or esthetician. If you are unhappy with your results you should speak with a board certified dermatologist about what you would like your ideal results to be. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Getting the Results You Want: Sculpsure versus VASER/ThermiRF/Cellfina

This is difficult to answer without an in-person evaluation. It may be that another combination would give you better results. VASER liposuction and ThermiRF would be great to the inner thigh to give you more definition and contour the leg. Cellfina is the best solution for cellulite. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Consult your provider

I would recommend following up with your provider. The doctor does not have to perform the procedure. When the office is trained with cynosure, the doctor is allowing their trained professional to perform the Sculpsure treatment. If you have concerns follow up with those concerns. They can give you their opinion if a second treatment is needed. It is not common for the area that was treated to be bigger unless there was a weight gain or possibly muscle mass is larger from working out. It is best to get an opinion from the provider that treated you. Hope this helps.

Have a recheck

Best to have a recheck.  You will need to review your photos and your weight to fully evaluate.  SculpSure can be repeated.