How soon can one do SculpSure after Liposuction? (Photos)

First of all, I want to say thanks in advance for answering. I had Vaser liposuction done on my upper and lower abdomen 2 months ago (almost satisfied with the results) but it seems that I have a noticeable fat bulge just below my umbilicum . Most of the swelling has gone down. I am considering doing the Sculpsure since its noninvasive (I don't want to go back to surgery). Should I wait and hopefully see some sort of shrinkage in this area or am I looking at what my final result is? Thanks again

Thank you for your question. Yes, you should wait until you are fully healed from liposuction before you begin considering SculpSure. You may learn that the liposuction provided you with your desired results. Nevertheless, SculpSure is a phenomenal procedure for eliminating the stubborn subcutaneous belly fat. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is safe to do it but i would wait longer to see the maximum benefit from liposuction

Sculpsure is extremely safe. however, i would suggest you wait more like 5 months after your liposuction since you may not even need the Sculpsure. it is safe to do Sculpsure after liposuction.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Post-Surgery Waiting Period

Thank you for your question. With any surgical procedure, the healing period is anywhere from 6 to 12 months, sometimes longer, depending on the procedure. After Vaser liposuction, I would recommend waiting at least 6 months to see final results, at which point you can better pinpoint the areas of where SculpSure should be used. Good luck!

Jennifer Levine, MD

Sculpsure after lipo?

Thanks for your question and photo. I suggest you wait 6 months at least before you consider a SculpSure on the abdomen. I think SculpSure is a great adjuct to previous lipo procedures. Make sure you are clear with your SculpSure doctor where lipo so her or she can keep you safe. All the best.

Timing of SculpSure after liposuction

SculpSure can be performed on an area previously treated with liposuction.  I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after the liposuction before having the SculpSure though.  It can take several months for the healing process to occur after liposuction.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Needs more time

The areas of your abdomen can be treated by SculpSure.  It takes at least several months for the tissues to settle down after Vaser liposuction and then you can be treated with SculpSure.  

Liposuction and SculpSure

Thanks for your question and photos. Optimal results from liposuction are typically reached between 6-9 months. You should wait until that time and consult with your doctor about being a potential candidate for SculpSure. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

8 weeks enough?

I think the fat remaining is what you see (?any other opinions?) and therefore you are a candidate for SculpSure since the liposuction removed your fat and what is remaining is fat not edema at 8 weeks.

Too Soon To Tell--Add Venus Legacy, Cellutone, Exilis Ultra to VASER aftercare

You can still have swelling from your VASER procedure, which can last up to 6 months. I recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results.  I am not sure what your "before" picture was but the type of hi def results we get is much more defined and pronounced. I suggest you see an expert.  Sculpsure/coolsculpting can be used in left over problem areas. Best, Dr. Emer

Good Application of SculpSure

In looking at your pictures, I can see that area that concerns you. At 2-3 months you should have resolved any tissue swelling and that area is most likely residual fat. I would have a physician who specializes in SculpSure examine the area and that should be the right approach. One treatment with four brackets right under the umbilical area should solve the issue