How many days I need to return to my face exercise after filler & botox?

Facial Exercises and Botox

You do not need to do exercises after Botox injections. In fact, constant facial injections will make your Botox relax.  For the best cosmetic results please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and Facial Exercises

It is not advisable to do any facial exercises after Botox injections. Doing these exercises will decrease the duration of your Botox injections. You may resume regular exercise 24 hours after injections.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Resuming exercise after filler and botox

Each injector has his or her own preferences post treatment. We typically allow patients to return to exercise the day after treatment. Consult with your injector as he or she knows the specifics about you and the treatment. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How many days I need to return to my face exercise after filler & botox

Hello, and thanks for your question. True facial exercise may minimize the result of your Botox injection, so this is not advisable. You may resume whole body exercise 4 hours after your injections. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial exercise and Botox

If you are specifically asking about facial exercises after getting facial Botox, it is safe to do so but it will likely decrease the duration of your results if you are doing these exercises frequently.  If you are are asking about regular exercise such as jogging or yoga, then you can safely resume activity the day after your injections.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Face exercise is not a good idea

The reason you are getting Botox is to paralyze or weaken your facial muscles which through repetitive action have caused or may cause furrows or rhytids so it makes no sense to perform "facial exercise" and activate the muscles you are trying to weaken. Facial exercises are counter intuitive to good aesthetic outcome. aging is not due to facial muscle atrophy, it is due to collagen breakdown and stretching due to many factors including sun, smoke, hormones and repeated muscle contractions due to pursing lips, squinting eyes, smiling, lifting brows etc.Facial muscle activation through facial exercise makes no sense.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

After filler and Botox, when can I exercise?

I recommend for my patients to take the rest of the day off exercise. The following day it is fine to resume normal exercise.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How many days I need to return to my face exercise after filler and Botox?

Thank you for your question.  Though the best advice would require knowledge of the type of filler placed, in most cases you can return to facial exercises within 24 hours of your procedure.  Hope this helps.