Drooping brow after Botox - 3 weeks or 3 months to recover? (Photo)

I had 18 units injected into the forehead 6 days ago and my brows have lowered, particularly the left one which has given the area extra 'folds' in the lid. I can still see the full iris. I read a few answers on here where people wrote it takes only 2-3 weeks to improve and others wrote 3-4 months. I'm curious as to the correct answer?

Drooping eye after Botox

Thank you for your question. Sounds like you may have experienced Ptosis (drooping of eyelids.) It’s difficult to give you recovery time as this condition may last a couple of months but does increasingly improve over time and as the botox wears off. This may have been caused by the injectors technique but fortunately, it is not permanent. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Botox

It should improve over the next 2-3 weeks and could take as long as 3-4 months. I would recommend contacting your injector to make sure that it doesn't happen again. Best wishes!

Drooping brow after Botox - 3 weeks or 3 months to recover?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Sorry to hear you have had trouble. It should begin improving about 2-3 weeks after your injection, and will slowly improve until it completely wears off, about 3-4 months. I recommend seeing a different physician for your next injection. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow droop after Botox - you should notice good improvement within 3-4 weeks

Brow droop is an unfortunate side effect of Botox injections.  You should notice that the problem has improved significantly within a month, but it can take 4 months for the Botox to completely wear off.  Make sure your injector is an experienced cosmetic Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow ptosis

Botox in the forehead is fantastic to reduce expressive forehead lines because it relaxes the forehead muscle called frontalis, and this leads to having fewer wrinkles on the forehead.  However, if the area is injected to low down (close to the eyebrows), or if too many units are injected, the eyebrows will drop since this muscle is also necessary to lift up the eyebrows.  For this reason, it is important not to inject too much into the forehead and to inject high up.  A newer technique filling the forehead is often used instead of botox, since this does not affect the eyebrows, and can improve forehead lines and even help lift the brows instead of dropping them.

When this complication does occur, it tends to last 3-4 weeks.  Although the effects of botox last 4-5 months on average, there is a gradual dissolution of the botox, so luckily any drooping should improve after a few weeks and not months

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow After Botox

It will improve in a few weeks and it will take 3-4 months for the Botox to dissolve. In the mean time , thermage/venus legacy and fillers will help improve this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox concerns

While you will see gradual improvement over the next 3-4 weeks, full resolution will likely take 3-4 months to occur.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Drooping brow

It can take 3-4 months for the botox to wear off. Be patient. Sorry for your problems and good luck.

Brow drop after Botox

You will likely see gradual correction over the next few weeks but any Botox caused muscle relaxation or paralysis will take 3-4 months to fully reverse. It is best to seek such treatments with experienced and board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeons.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox results

Sorry to hear about your experience. Botox results usually last for 3-4 months. That being said, when a patient has a complication from Botox such as a ptosis of the eyebrow or eyelid, it will usually improve after 4-6 weeks. Fewer cases take the entire 3-4 months to improve.