I'm 32 yrs old, F cup, and have sagging breast. What treatment would you recommend? (photos)

Hi there, I am 32 and am a F cup. I have has large breasts and they have always been low sitting but due to loosing 30 kilos last Yeard they are saggy. I want to have a lift but would Luke to be a DD to E cup. Could you please recommend what would be the best surgery for me.

Doctor Answers 5

I'm 32 yrs old, F cup, and have sagging breast. What treatment would you recommend?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello polo03,
Based on your history and photos, I would recommend at least a breast lift (mastopexy) to correct the saggy breast shape and lift your low sitting breasts. Depending on your desired breast size and the quality of your breast tissues, the breast lift can be combined with a breast reduction to decrease overall breast size and weight, or with a breast augmentation if you desire a more rounded upper breast and cleavage.
I recommend consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your best treatment options.
Sincerely, Abhay Gupta, MD.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on losing the 30kgs.
You would benefit from a breast lift, and if you desire to be a DD/E and have more volume in the upper pole then you also need an implant.
I hope this helps and good luck.

Recommendation for saggy breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Looking at your photos, I would recommend a breast reduction to decrease the size of the breasts. A breast reduction also lifts the breast to improve the shape. Having smaller breasts also minimizes the effect of gravity and help to maintain the shape long term. This is particularly so after weight loss when the skin elasticity is not as good. All the best.

I'm 32 yrs old, F cup, and have sagging breast. What treatment would you recommend?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on your description and your photos, it seems that your primary concern is your loose skin envelope in relation to the amount of breast tissue after your weight loss.  To achieve your desired results, you may need a breast reduction, a breast lift, or a breast lift with augmentation.  I recommend seeking the consultation of a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your surgeon will outline a plan that will safely allow you to achieve your goals. 

I'm 32 yrs old, F cup, and have sagging breast. What treatment would you recommend?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. “Official” recommendations of course would necessitate in-person consultation.

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, there is an "improvement" in the safety of the procedure and the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure) is minimized.

Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
 This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

When the time is right,  seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.