Will a surgeon perform silicone removal of the buttock and reconstruction at the same time?

Im in need of a plastic surgeon who can remove silicone from the buttock and possible reconstruction afterward. how much will this procedure cost me? 20k?

Unfortunately, I am having to do more and more of these procedures.  The material is removed in the first stage.   A period of 3 months or so is observed.  A BBL can be performed later to improve the appearance.  The two stage procedure can be done for slightly less than $20,000.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Removal of silicone liquid from the buttock

It is essentially impossible to remove all of liquid silicone from any body part.  Although you may eventually have complications, you may consider leaving it in place for now unless you are currently experiencing problems.  I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in buttock augmentation surgery sooner than later.  Glad to help,

Ryan Stanton, MD

Silicone injections

Silicone injections to any where in the body is not a good idea. We will never know what exactly was injected. silicone can come in different types, it is a commercial grade silicone. It causes significant amount of inflammatory reaction, and forms granulomas, silicone oil cysts. When injected it disperses through out the buttocks. If there are hard areas, or areas of intense reaction then those areas can be taken out. One can not take out all the silicone that was injected. In my experience one can remove about 50-60% of the material but that will leave the buttocks with a deformity. Correction of the deformity can be done 3-6 months after all is healed. Since the silicone injected is not a medical grade silicone, it is laden with bacteria and every time you do surgery you run the risk of infection and recurrence of the granulomas. I have seen it injected deep into the muscle which makes that portion impossible to remove. The surgery is really a debulking procedure.

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Silicone removal

It can not be removed. It usually goes through out the tissue and can not be removed. The injection of silicone is illegal in this country and should not be done. Once you get it, you will be plagued by it. There is no good cure. Steroids can help with the inflammation, but if it gets infected, it is a big mess.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD