Sculpsure or Velashape for tummy area? I'm deciding on a laser treatment to get rid of fat around tummy and upper/inner arm area

I'm very active and work out and lift every day. I just can't get rid of the fat in upper and tower tummy area or arms no matter how much I tone. Can someone advise what the better option would be for this? My dr office offers Sculpsure but a friend recommended Velashape to cover more area around tummy that I I believe Sculpsure would require additional treatments. There is a huge price difference so I just want to understand the facts as there was no comparison available when I googled It.

SculpSure vs Velashape

SculpSure is more for fat reduction and Velashape is more for cellulite treatment.  Both of these are out patient procedures with no down time and are not painful.  SculpSure usually takes 1 to 2  treatments and Velashape 3 or more.
SculpSure uses a laser that targets the fat cells and removes on average 24% of the targeted fat.  It is the world's first FDA indicated laser for non surgical fat reduction of the abdomen and flanks.  It has also been successfully used off label in other areas of the body.  The sessions last 25 minutes and multiple areas can be treated at one time.
Velashape is a combination of radio-frequency waves, infrared light and suction to the skin.  It works mainly on the skin and is good for cellulite reduction.
I believe you will get a little more bang for your buck with SculpSure than Velashape.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Your situation is similar to most patients of SculpSure. The subcutaneous fat in the belly and flanks areas are very difficult to eliminate even through diet and exercise specifically engineered to target the area. SculpSure is the only FDA-approved non-invasive treatment for eliminating up to 25% of the subcutaneous fat in the belly and flanks. Always consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Decision

Hello - we've had great results with sculpsure - extremely effective, no downtime, short painless treatments.  I am recommending sculpsure especially to those who only have small hard to reach regions of cellulite.

SculptSure vs Veloshape for the abdomen?

I would recommend SculptSure as a means of permanently destroying fat cells within the upper and lower abdomen. I also suggest you plan on 2 or more treatments to each of these sites over time to obtain a more dramatic result. Inner arms are more difficult to treat with SculptSure due to the proximity of the major nerves traveling down the inner arm region.

SculpSure vs Velashape

Hello and thank you for your question. Velashape shrinks the fat cells, it does not destroy them. Velashape is recommended for cellulite reduction. SculpSure is FDA-approved for the non-invasive reduction of fat in the abdomen, thighs, and love handle areas. SculpSure lipo laser treatment contours the body by safely melting away unwanted fat for good without surgery or downtime. SculpSure is an excellent choice for fat reduction and you sound like your the perfect candidate. Hope this helps! Dr Faraz

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting VERSUS SCULPSURE NON INVASIVE

For my younger fit patients we do a lot of non invasive treatments. We often combine SculpSure with Vanquish and Venus Legacy to get further improvement. However, if you truly want a full body contouring results with fat loss, skin tightening and sculpting you can get a VASER HI DEF 4D body shaping procedure which would transform your body rather than just a small amount of fat removal.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure vs Velashape

The technology can certainly be confusing! SculpSure is definitely your go to for permanent fat cell destruction. Velashape is useful for cellulite primarily. Although it shrinks fat cell size temporarily, it DOES NOT destroy the fat cell.Hope that helps,Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

SculpSure is great for stubborn areas

Thank you for your question. Yes, SculpSure is a great procedure to help you get rid of your stubborn areas. I am a huge proponent of the SculpSure treatment over Velashape. It has worked for many of our patients. SculpSure is a hyperthermic laser fat removal system that works by directing laser energy into your treated areas. What I like about the SculpSure is that it heats up the fat cells so that it not only gets rid of them, but also helps promote collagen or elastin production for tighter skin. There is no downtime and patients can return to work or other activities after treatment. With SculpSure, you can treat up to four areas at one time and it only takes about 25 minutes per treatment. Most of our patients only need 1 treatment with SculpSure. Overall, I feel it’s the best noninvasive option in the market. If you’re interested I suggest scheduling a full in-person consultation with a qualified physician to review your treatment area. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure or Velashape

Both Sculpsure and Velashape are non-invasive. SculpSure uses laser while Velashape used radiofrequency and infrared. Neither are as effective as liposuction which immediately and permanantly reduces the greatest number of fat cells at one time. SculpSure is more costly because it may effect a more significant change. It will take 2-3 months minimum before you see any results with a non-liposuction procedure. The more fat you have, the more treatments you'll need. In the end, for some patients, Velashape and Sculpsure can end up being the same price as liposuction but without the same end result. An in-person evaluation is the only way to determine which modality is best for you. I find in my patients seeking fat reduction, that oftentimes, more than a lack of exercising, which is important to achieving a toned physique, it is poor nutrition or a lack of "eating clean" that keeps people from obtaining that toned physique. A person can burn off 300 calories with 30 minutes, but if s/he then proceeds to polish off a piece of cake or alcohol or overeats, all that hard work is negated because no calorie deficit was created. It doesn't take much to remove a calorie deficit and the frustration sets in because people can't understand why they're not getting the results they want. I recommend to anyone seeking any type of technology-assisted fat reduction to evaluate his/her diet, as s/he can end up investing a lot of money and undoing the results if diet modifications are not made. Best of luck to you!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician