How long for the pain after Sculpsure completely disappear?

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. There should be very minimal discomfort after SculpSure as a few patients have complained of minor soreness that quickly dissipates after the procedure. Keep in mind that the recovery horizon for SculpSure includes 6-12 weeks with the patient able to resume normal activities once the treatment is over. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Treatment Sites

Some patients tolerate SculpSure treatments better than others. Some may experience temporary redness, tenderness, swelling and tissue firmness on the treatment sites. Tenderness may last up to two weeks. Patients are encouraged to gently massage the area twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes and are able to use a cold compress and/or acetaminophen to help relieve any discomfort. Many people resume normal daily activities including exercise immediately post treatment. Physical activity with proper hydration helps mobilize fat via lymphatic system which promotes the elimination process of the dead fat cells. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain after SculpSure

I can speak from my own experience, tenderness in spots where the treatment is administered is normal and common.  It can last up to 2 weeks.  But pain is not normal.  You should check back in with the provider about your symptoms.

Pain after Sculpsure

In our practice we have not seen any significant pain after Sculpsure.   There can be a few days of tenderness in the area but that should not require pain medication or any treatment.   If you continue to have pain, check pain with the clinic that did your procedure

Pain after SculpSure

Pain after SculpSure is unusual. The area is expected to be sore but not painful.  I would follow up with your provider to be evaluated.

Unusual for pain after Sculpsure

Like others, this is very unusual. Our clinic has treated over 400 patients to date, and we have never had prolonged pain after Sculpsure. Muscle soreness has been described, as has 'knots' due to collagen tightening, but we have not had prolonged pain/ neuropraxia- unlike Coolsculpting. I suggest seeing your Specialist clinic who performed this procedure for a medical examination and some pain killers like pre-gabapentin. Easily sorted by your Sculpsure provider. All the best, Dr Davin Lim Fiori Institute of Skin and Body
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Pain After Sculpsure -- Not Common

In my practice pain is very minimal with sculpsure treatment.  I suggest you see an expert or speak to your MD if you are concerned about your previous treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer

Pain after SculpSure is very unusual

Any pain at all after SculpSure is very unusual, but also short lived and temporary.  Please massage the treated area 5-10 minutes twice/day, this may help the discomfort dissipate.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How long for pain after SculpSure to completely disappear?

I have not had a single patient I have treated with SculpSure complain of any pain after the treatment.  However, it would be possible for some people to have some mild tenderness to the treated area for a few days.  If the level of your pain is more than mild or if you have been having it for several days, I would recommend contacting the physician who treated you to potentially be evaluated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon