My implant is still high, it hasn't dropped after a year and a half. What can I do?

I had an implant march last year. And got pregnant 3 weeks after that. Then I had a miscarriage at 3 months. I wasn't be able to massage my breast at all bc it was swollen. Up until now the implant still really high, it hasn't drop at all. What can I do? My doctor told me keep on massaging it.

Surgery Revision

Hi Thuy. Thanks for sharing your concerns. Unfortunately after a year and a half, your implants are pretty much in place. It is very unlikely for your implants to drop down, even with massages. I suggest going back to your surgeon to discuss what other options are there to fix this issue.

I wish you the best of luck!

Implant Too High

After 1.5 years, it is unlikely that your implant will continue to drop, despite massage. Your best course is to speak with your surgeon to determine what options are recommended for you. Sometimes a simple procedure to release the scar is all that is needed. If you have capsular contracture, a more extensive surgey may be in order. Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

My implant is still high, it hasn't dropped after a year and a half.

Your implant will need repositioning.  Most likely you will need to address an issue with capsular contracture.  I would see a plastic surgeon to discuss the issue of your breast implant.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

After a year and a half your implant will not drop. You will need revision surgery to improve the position of the implant. This may require a simple capsulotomy or total capsulectomy in case you have developed capsular contracture. You can always submit photos for a more accurate assessment of your situation, or consult with other plastic surgeons in your area. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon.

Gregory Park, MD

Implant movement after 18 months

is very unlikely to happen.  If your surgeon has a revision policy, pursue it as you will need surgery to make things more appealing.  In my practice, the priority is having level upper poles.  Talk to your surgeon and let him know you've gone on-line and nobody really feels your implants will move much.  But if your difference is very little, its better to leave it be...

Curtis Wong, MD

High implant

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  Typically if an implant hasn't dropped in a year the capsule may be tight or the implant may just have healed high.  Typically you would need surgery to fix it.  Surgery is usually a capsulectomy (or opening of the scar tissue around the implant) to drop the implant into a lower position.

Best Wishes

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant too high

If you implant hasn't dropped by now you will need a revision to drop the implant. Return to your surgeon or seek a second opinon from a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

High implant

Thank you for the question and sorry for your problem and if you implant has not dropped by now you will undoubtedly need a revision.  So see your surgeon or other expert in the area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

My breast implant is still high after a year

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. At this point,  it is not likely that your breast implants will change  without surgical intervention.  Best to be seen in person  for evaluation and advice.  My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. Communicate your goals/concerns carefully. Working together you will come up with a good plan to improve your outcome. Best wishes.

Implants still high

Hello, if you feel your implants are still sitting high after 18 months I would recommend booking an assessment by your plastic surgeon.  Implants generally won't change much after this amount of time.

William Andrade, MD