Price differences between round or teardrop gummy bear implants?

General?? Is there price difference between round gummy bear implants or tear drop implants? My plastic surgereon said tear drop shape is 2000$ more then round shape?? Thanks

Price difference between textured anatomic and smooth round

implants will vary by region and practice and what they mark it up.  In my practice, the difference in cost for a pair is roughly $1000.  You can simply call other competitors in town for a more accurate assessment of implant costs in your city.

Thank you for the question. These days there are a variety of breast implants available; the variety of breast implant available raise a lot of questions from women considering breast augmentation surgery. Personally, I think that for most patients considering breast augmentation surgery, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals, far outweigh the specific type of breast implant utilized (when it comes to the success of the breast augmentation procedure).

Anatomical breast implants were designed to better simulate the natural breast shape; the problem with these implants is that if they shift or rotate, the entire breast will change shape as well. This change in breast shape may require further surgery to correct. Round implants, under the hand, can shift or rotate without changing the shape of the breasts. Overall, I find that beautiful outcomes can be achieved with the use of round saline or silicone gel breast implants for the vast majority of patients.

Pricing for specific implants (which is dictated by the breast implant company, not the surgeon)  may differ depending on the type of breast implant you choose.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Implant price difference

Unfortunately the surgeons cannot set the price for the different types of implants. That is set by the implant manufacturers. The shaped gel implants are more expensive by about $1000.00 than the regular round silicone implants. Good luck with your decision!

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Price difference for implants

Unfortunately, the cost of the implants is outside the surgeon's control.  And it is true that the form-stable implants are the most expensive of all of them.  Good luck to you.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Price difference between implants

In my practice the saline implants are the least expensive.  Round silicone implants are $1,000 more than the saline.  The anatomic, form stable silicone implants (tear drop) are $1,000 more than the round silicone.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Tear Drop Implants Cost

The tear-drop shaped, "gummy" implants are generally more expensive than round silicone. The manufactors usually charge plastic surgeons, hospitals, and surgery centers $800-1000 more per implant. Allergan is now making round, smooth silicone implants with the same highly cohesive gel that the gummy implants have, which I think is very exciting.  The highly cohesive gel in the tear-drop shaped, gummy implants ripples much less than the less expensive, standard round silicone implants. The cost of these new round, highly cohesive, silicone implants will be similar to the traditional round ones, not the $800-1000 more. Good luck!

Ryan Marshall, DO
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Difference in price between teardrop and round implants

Hello, the price differential between these implant types will vary depending on the surgeon, clinic, and manufacturer.  Teardrop implants are always significantly more expensive to purchase so regardless of the other factors, the total price of surgery will be higher.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon