Can I inflate my breasts by gaining weight back?

I lost 15 pounds in two months as well as the size and shape of my breasts. Is it pissible to gain it back by regaining weight previously lost? If so how do you put healthy weight back on?

Weight Fluctuation

It is common for the breasts to increase or decrease in size with weight fluctuations. If you would like to permanently increase size and fill out deflated tissues, breast augmentation with implants could be a good option for you. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and options.

All the best

Will gaining weight increase my breast size?

The breast contains dense glandular tissue with milk producing cells and ducts to carry the milk to the skin surface at the nipple. The breast gland is surrounded by fat, and strips of fat are even found in between the glandular tissue of the breast. When you lose weight, your fat cells shrink in size (they do not go away unless they are removed) and take up less space. If you lose weight the fat in your breast will shrink, and the size of your breast will be smaller. If you gain weight the fat cells will increase in size as they store more and your breasts will increase in size. Interestingly, as women get older their estrogen levels will decrease and this will result in shrinkage of their breast gland, which will also result in smaller breast size, unless they gain some weight to make the fat portion of their breasts larger.

Douglas Leppink, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain and breast size

If you lost breast volume with weight loss, then it is likely that they will enlarge a bit with weight gain as well.

Affect of weight on breasts

if you regain the weight, it could go back in the same proportions--or Much more information would be needed in terms of age and history for a specific answer.  Weight loss is a positive thing so you might want to consider cosmetic surgery to improve the shape and size of the breasts. 

Thank you for the question.  Generally, it is impossible to predict whether re gaining weight will increase your breast size again.  I think that your primary care physician will be in the best position to advise you when it comes to regaining weight;  more information regarding your specific situation is necessary. Best wishes.