My lips never swelled day after juvederm, will my lips go smaller now? (Photo)

I got my lips done yesterday 0.5 ml in top lip , no bruising and no swelling really , will they go smaller than photo over time ?

Swelling after lip injections

You appear to have very nice, full lips.  Swelling is very common after lip injections and will typically last 2-3 days, maybe up to a week.  Your lips are not likely to change much if you did not swell significantly.  This also depends on the product used.  Some of the formulations marketed for lip injections specifically are less volumizing and provide a more hydrated look but given less volume once the swelling resolves.  This is something I make a point to discuss before choosing the right injectable for each patient.  

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

My lips never swelled day after Juvederm, will my lips go smaller now?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Due to the thin tissues of the lips, they do tend to swell with injections, and your results will mature over 2 weeks.  After two weeks if you'd like a touch-up you can use your remaining filler.  Hope this helps.    

Filler and swelling

Usually lip swelling occurs after filler placement.  It will often be maximally swollen for the first 2-3 days.  Best of luck.

No swelling after lip injections

This is actually a good thing and is credited to good injection technique by your doctor. This will not negatively affect your outcome.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lips and Juvederm

It takes two weeks to see the full effects from Juvederm.  There is swelling 24 hours later and it is too soon to judge the results and see if you will need more product.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling After Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photograph.  Swelling tends to peak at 48-72 hours postprocedure.  Icing is helpful for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also beneficial for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve before seeing your final result.  At that point, if you have any concerns, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Post lip treatment

Hey Tiffanyg12345! Hope you are doing well this morning.  You have beautiful lip shape.  Have you had injections before and how long ago?  One day post treatment, you should have a little bit of swelling and some may have slight bruising.  However, I do have patients that never have either post injection. If in fact you do have a little bit of swelling present (there is no before photo for comparison), this will resolve in a few days and the lip would appear smaller.  Check back with the treating doctor for recommendations. 

Shelby Brantley, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon