Can cool sculpting be done on front of thighs? (photos)

I had cool sculpting done on my lower, upper inner thighs and abs. I had amazing results. I am a pear shape 40 year old 125lb and tend to have heavy thighs. When standing sideways the front of my thigh bulges forward. Can cool sculpting be done on the front of my thighs and what hand piece would work best? The flat one for the outer hip or the suction head that is used on the inner thigh? If you don't think cool sculpting would work what would you suggest to reduce the front of my thighs? Thanks

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is a technique that is used for patients with stubborn fat that they wish to remove which couldn’t be removed by dieting or exercise. There is a new flat(non-suctioning) hand piece that is available that would work on the thighs.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Thighs

Coolsculpting has a new applicator that works extremely well for the inner and outer thighs. An in person consultation is necessary to see if the area that you want treated is muscle or fat.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting and the new applicators.

Coolsculpting thighs

Coolsculpting can be done on the anterior thighs but I would go to a board certified plastic surgeon and see if your thighs are mostly muscle or if some fat is contributing.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting for the front thighs

Dear Aimeejoy:

Thanks for sharing your photos! CoolSculpting (CS) is a wonderful option and has apparently worked well for you. 

Part of the process about feeling well about yourself is to use CoolSculpting to maintain the motivation of lifestyle changes of sustainable diet and exercise.

You appear to exercise routinely given your abdominal muscle and thigh "etching". If it is primarily muscle along the anterior thigh, then CS may not be helpful. If it is fat along the anterior thigh, the Cool Smooth applicator may help but has its limitations.
These include:
longer cycles, up to 2 hours each. 
a patchwork of fat reduction sites rather than a smooth contour
up to 10% fat reduction per cycle

Discuss this with your certified CoolSculpting physician or enjoy the wonderful results you achieved!

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for the Thighs

Dear writer, CoolSculpting may be used to reduce excess fat on the thighs. Particularly, the flat applicator, know as the CoolSmooth applicator, can be used to eliminate excess fat on the inner thighs. In theory, you can safely treat the anterior thighs also. However, please confirm with your provider that the curvature or convexity that you see on the anterior aspect of your thighs is truly due to excess, palpable fat, and not due to a muscular thigh with nicely developed quadriceps muscles. If this were the case, then CoolSculpting (or any other modality) would not have any effect. 

CoolSculpting and front of thighs

CoolSculpting can be done in a variety of areas including the front of the thighs. But I agree with my peers here that you should speak specifically with, while being examined by, your cosmetic physician about the cause of your curvature.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon