I'm severely depressed! I had Coolsculpting done, April 22,16. Not one thing has changed! 5 treatments done on low abs!!

Not even an in of results! I feel I Hv my same fat lower ab, now it feels dead?? I hate it!!!!! I want it off! It feels like dead fat! I wear weird pants and Hv to pull up high!! When I feel it I can grab it, like a huge strange feeling inner tube! It feels just dead???!!! I love my legs arms upper torso etc! This is a nightmare!!! I cry I Hv gone into depression! I walk and treadmill daily!! Nothing works?? It's like they froze my fat??! Help please!!!! I liked it better before!

Coolsculpting Not Working

I am sorry to hear about your problems. It is normal to still feel numb from the procedure. It can take a few months for this to completely go away. I recommend that you see your treating physician to discuss your concerns. Your physician can then see your progress with before and after photos. I hope this helps you.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting and the Abdomen

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure and the abdomen is the most popular area.  The new Cool Advantage is even more comfortable with shorter treatment times.  If you don't see results you should return to your treating physician for assessment and compare your photos and weight pre-treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is very important for you to go back to your doctor and discuss your results and look at the before pictures. The five treatment were performed on one area or diff areas? 

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting not working

You started the CoolScupting process in April and it seems that you have had further treatments in the same area of the lower abdomen. If you had 5 treatments on 5 different areas, then you might discuss with your doctor another treatment on the same lower abdominal areas to attempt to make you more happy.  I am somewhat confused with your statement that you were happier before the treatment when you also state that you have NO improvement. 

First, you need to visit your treating doctor and discuss this disappointment.  Any doctor wants  you to be happy.  Perhaps you need to discuss other options such as liposuction etc.

It is important to realize that some patients respond differently than others.  Some get NO response in a treated area.  We hope to get more than 20% or so of a treated area to improve but your fat in this area may not be responding and that is a realization that you must accept.  No treating doctor should "guarantee" you a result.

Have the discussions with your doctor and come to an agreement as far as the next step.  You might need  another approach to this hated area of fat deposition if you are a non responder to CoolSculpt.  

The occasional  non-responder is sometimes a fact about CoolSculpting.   Thus the alternative  options become important. 

Good luck and try not to be so depressed about all of this.  There are other approaches to allow you to be happier.

Prolonged numbness after cOolsculpting

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing prolonged numbness after Coolsculpting. In my opinion I would go back to my physician for post procedure follow up and discuss the issues. some people with higher density of fat may need  second round of coolsculpting treatment to see optimal results. In rare cases the numbness can be present upto 6 weeks. Dr. Grant Stevens has done the largest number of Coolsculpting in the world, and I agree that one should be careful about  look alike Coolsculpting treatments and prolonged complications.

Best Wishes. Dr. Shanthala

Numbness after Coolsculpting

First and foremost, It's important to follow up with the office that treated you.  Did you have 5 separate areas done on the lower abdomen or 5 separate treatments to the same area?  You may also want to verify that it was in fact Coolsculpting that you had done and not some other knock off technology.  Coolsculpting is highly effective and patients are extremely pleased.  Having the numbness you describe 5 months after the procedure would be very unusual , so again I would encourage you to follow up with your treating physician.  Best of luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Numb after CoolSculpting and not better

Dear water lover:

It sounds as though hare still numb from the procedures, which is completely normal. This can sometimes take a few months to resolve completely.  CoolSculpting is the only procedure that I know that delivers the same results to every patient: 28% of the fat IN THE TREATED AREA will be eliminated. If you have very thick fat, it is important to note that less fat will fit up into the applicator so the treated area will be smaller. In that case, even though 28% of the fat cells have been eliminated, less fat overall will be treated  and the result will not be as impressive. This is one of the reasons that CoolSculpting is not as beneficial for really overweight patients and better results will be obtained after some weight loss.  I also wonder if you have some laxity of the skin of the area, in which case you will still have some projection of the abdomen even after CoolSculpting. 

You can certainly discuss these issues with your physician. (Also make sure that Zeltiq's CoolSculpting device was used, and that the full one-hour treatment was given. There are a lot of knock-offs out there that are not going to work.)

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Problems with Coolsculpting

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I'm guessing that the area is still numb. Hopefully this will resolve in the near future. I would recommend that you see your provider so you can discuss your concerns. They can then evaluate your before and after photos to see how things are progressing. If you aren't getting anywhere, you may want to see a facility that has both Coolsculpting and a plastic surgeon so you can get all of your options to move forward.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Conundrum

It may be this wasn't the right technique for this area and without before and after pictures it's difficult to really answer. VASER liposuction in combination with skin tightening treatments: ultrasound/thermiRF and fat removal/grafting can contour and define the abdomen. I recommend a consultation with a body contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer