Is three weeks enough time for recovery from Breast reduction?

My surgery is scheduled for 8/10/16. I am a teacher, school starts 9/6/2016. I am currently a 44JJ, with an end result of a DD, hopefully. My question is, without major complications, is it reasonable to plan to begin teaching school in three and half weeks after surgery?

In the absence of complications

my patients are allowed to resume activities at 3 weeks with a snug, supportive sport bra.  But you should always check with your surgeon as his/her recommendations should rule!

Recovery From a Breast Reduction

A breast reduction is a fairly easy procedure to recover from.  I use a 24 hour recovery program for all my surgery and breast reductions seem to the best of all.  They are a little sore as they are not healed but they are doing most things the next day.  You should have no problem returning to work within a week or so. I hope that helps.Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

You should have no trouble getting back to teaching in that period of time. But you may still have some minor tenderness. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  Barring any complications and avoidance of strenuous activity at work you should be just fine.  
 Most of our patients return to work, depending on exactly what is involved at the workplace,  somewhere between 10 days to four weeks after surgery. You may want to run your question by your surgeon after detailing your specific job acquirements.

Breast reduction recovery

Hello and thanks for your questionI'd recommend that you call your surgeon's office and ask for some details about the recovery process, since each surgeon is a bit different with his or her postoperative instructions.In my practice, most women can go back to work after 1.5-2 weeks, and back to exercise/sports/unrestricted activity after 3-4 weeks. You may still be a bit more tired than usual when school starts (and those first couple of weeks always seem so busy!) but it's likely that you'll be fine to go back 3.5 weeks after surgery.Best wishes-