What is the difference between a 'SHELF BOOTY' and A Booty with lots of projection.What does a 'SHELF look like?

I would love to see photos of a SHELF BOOTY bc im havin sx on 10/24/13

"Shelf booty"

I think you are referring to the desire of some patients to have a fuller upper 1/3 of the buttock lower back region to almost appear like a shelf, and I have definitely gotten that request in the office.

Shelf booty vs projection in BBL

These are really variations on a theme. Both procedures add volume to make the buttocks project, but a shelf booty has an exaggerated takeoff from the small of the back which makes the buttocks sometimes APPEAR more projected.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

A shelf booty has the appearance of a shelf at the top. Thus, there is a lot of projection at the top of the buttock as compared to the middle of the buttock. I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA