After FUE Hair Transplants, what do a person need to know for aftercare?
Doctor Answers 8
After FUE Transplant
Care I Need After FUE Hair Transplant
We bring the patients back the first day after a hair transplant procedure for evaluation and hair wash. We show them how they have to wash their hair for the fist few days after the procedure. We provide especial shampoo and sponge that the can use for the first two weeks after the procedure.
Patients need to sleep in semi-sitting position after their hair restoration. That helps them get rid of their swelling faster and prevents accidental touching of the transplanted areas at night.
We recommend avoiding strenuous exerciser for the fits few days, but they could be resumed in the second day. The only activities that should be avoided for the first week are contact sports and any activities that they have to touch and rub the transplanted area.
There is not much limitations after the first few days for being exposed to excessive heat, cold or sweating.
All doctors give you their own post-operative care.
A good clinic / doctor will give you all the post-operative care, shampoo, medications, (basically everything you need all included so you don't have to buy any extra items), including even the doctor's personal mobile phone number and direct email so if you have any questions you can contact the doctor directly.
You might also like...
Post op after FUE hair transplant procedure what is involved?
Special Care Is Needed After an FUE Hair Transplant
The morning after your hair transplant surgery, you should remove the headband placed on your scalp at the end of your hair transplant procedure. The first day, you should shower and shampoo your scalp three times. You’ll want to wash your hair gently, but thoroughly, so that the scalp is free of any blood.
For the remainder of the week, you should shower twice a day (we instruct our patients to gently clean the transplanted area with a special shampoo, GraftCyte, when showering). Your follicular unit grafts are made to fit snugly into your recipient sites and will not be dislodged in the shower if you follow the instructions given to you by your surgeon. After your first shower, no further bandages are required.
Although you must be very gentle initially, normal shampooing, brushing and hair care can be resumed after ten days since, by this time, the grafts are firmly in place. You can also have a haircut at this point. You are able to dye your hair, if you choose, four weeks after the hair transplant.
You should avoid alcohol for three days following your hair replacement procedure and abstain from smoking for two weeks. When in strong sunlight, you should wear a hat. After two weeks you may use a sunscreen with a SPF of 30+.
Generally after a FUE hair transplant patients can resume normal daily routine almost immediately. Exercise can be started the second day following your procedure. For the first 10 days, you should avoid any activities that rub or put direct pressure on your scalp.
Post operative informations after hair transplant surgery
How you can wash your hair after hair transplant surgery?
Which medications you should use for the recovery?
How you should sleep not to harm the recipient zone?
What to eat or drink during the recovery period?
Common mistakes that patients make during the recovery period?
Which physical activities should be avoided?
Of course the best information is the one that your doctor will give.
After an FUE, what do I have to know?
How to Take Care of yourself After Hair transplant
- Avoid touching hitting or scratching your head. You must take extreme caution when entering low roofed areas like cars and aircraft. Bend slightly more than normal.
- Drink lots of water, do not use extra salt or sugar in your food.
- Do not put extra pressure on your stomach area. Your movements should be slow and not rapid.
- Sleep on double pillows your head elevated facing upwards at least for the first 5 nights.
- Apply ice-pack on your forehead every two hours for 5 minutes.
- Wear a cap while going outside to protect the recipient area.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for the first week after the surgery.
- Shampoo your head gently twice a day with mild warm water and the shampoo provided by your doctor. Dry the head by gently patting with a towel.
- Avoid doing strenuous exercises.
- Do not go for swimming the first few days after surgery until the crusts are out and your scalp is completely healed.
- If you normally wear wigs or prosthesis, do not wear them for this period
- Avoid multivitamins, aspirin 3 days after the surgery.