Six syringes of bellafill. Don't see too much.

Had six syringes total about month and half ago. I in each side. For smile lines. Two in each cheek. Had some upper hallows in cheek area. When first. I mean immediately when done, had pretty fluffy cheeks. Now they are hallow again. Will this eventually fluff up again, or what else. I only see my face a little rounder.

Bellafill Injections Not Resulting in Much Change

This is a common refrain about a number of fillers and the causes can be different for different patients and for different injectors.  First, it is important to understand that there is not that much volume in each syringe of Bellafill.  I have added a video that demonstrates this.  With that said, you may need more as you may be significantly volume depleted.  Another reason you may not be seeing much difference is that many injectors tend to use Bellafill liike they do other fillers and often place it deep.  I have found over the years that a more superficial placement of Bellafill gives a more dramatic result.  Finally, many of us forget what we looked like prior to being treated and before and after photos can be very revealing.  If you had medical photography doen before your injection, go back and get the after photos done and ask to see them both.  I will bet you see a difference.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill requires a series of treatment sessions for best results

My experience with Bellafill is different from some of the other answers to this question.

While it is true that it does take some time for the body to produce collagen in response to Bellafill, the bovine collagen that is present in Bellafill is being reabsorbed as well. The net result is that the most volume is present immediately after a Bellafill treatment, and then there is a gradual reduction in overall volume. This is actually a favorable attribute for a permanent filler. One would not want a permanent filler that produced full volume from the get-go in case too much filler was injected. The fact that the volume does back off after Bellafill injections represents a built-in safety feature.

Subsequent treatments typically require less Bellafill to restore facial volume because the additional filler builds on the previous base. It is important to note that after a series of treatments the facial volume that is built up from Bellafill is permanent.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Be patient---final results with Bellafill

Bellafill takes a series of treatments and takes time for final results to appear. I tell my patients 3-6 treatments with microdroplets over time.  If you go to completion at first, you could be left with puffiness or lumps.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Results after six syringes of Bellafill

Since Bellafill is a product that works by stimulating the tissue to create fullness, the results appear gradually over time and normally require several treatment sessions to obtain the best result. It can take two months or so to see the results after a treatment session.  You will most likely need more sessions to obtain the desired effect.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timeline with Bellafill

It is still building collagen. It will take about 3 months to see this. Most patients need more filler after their initial treatment has been my experience. It is a great filler that has proven safety and efficacy. I have 8 syringes in me.

Steven F. Weiner, MD