How Much Does a Skin-only Tummy Tuck Cost?

I am 50 years old , have had 4 pregnancies...never gained more than 20lbs in each pregnancy, have maintained a 118-122lb my whole life....and work out every abs are very developed(If flexed, 6 pack very evident) but as I age the skin is noticably looser from the laxity of a skin only tummy tuck reasonable for me given I have excellent muscle tone...also what is the average cost?

Tummy Tuck Costs?

In my experience, it would be unusual for a patient who has had 4 pregnancies not to benefit from muscle plicaton at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Not having the plication will shorten surgical time (and probably recovery time) and reduce the cost of surgery. In our practice this procedure will cost $6-$8000.

Best wishes

Skin only tummy tuck

Your information would allow you to be put in the best category as far as an easy approach and predictability.

However, what you are describing is not just a skin only excision.  It is the skin and fatty tissue (yes, you have it ) excision of the tissue below the belly button and then redraping.  The inclusion of the muscle tightening really does not add a lot to the procedure and would not be recommended to exclude for a small savings.

You will have a diastasis present and tightening of it is important.  We consider ideal cases like yours to be a wonderful addition to our case load.  We can give you a knock out result with the full approach but if you comprimise the procedure, then it is not a smart idea.

Find your plastic surgeon.  This is the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of body contouring.  Once that step is done, then discuss your ideas.  Price is usually lower for ideal cases like yours.

Good luck,

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Tummy tuck costs

In the Houston area, the cost of a tummy tuck can vary from about 6000 - 9000 depending on the overall time it takes for the procedure and whether you are adding liposuction to the mix.  A skin only tummy tuck can still involve doing the same procedure if you are going above the belly button to remove as much loose skin as possible.  In addition, you have the exposure to tighten the underlying muscles, so you might consider tightening this as it may help enhance your form.  Good luck.

Skin only abdominoplasty

In my experience, even patients with good muscle tone benefit from thigthening of the muscle fascia, I perform plication in the midline and in the oblique/lateral rectus to enhance the appeareance of the abdominal muscles. ( you will not have to flex to notice your six pack). The difference on the surgery is minimal. In the midwest and abdominoplasty will cost you aprox 6000.

Good luck

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Will a skin-only tummy tuck work?

As you know, a tummy tuck does the things that you can't accomplish with diet and exercise: remove and tighten loose skin, repair muscles that have been separated, and remove localized fat. Since your only issue is skin laxity, you may very well benefit from a skin-only abdominoplasty. If the muscles have been pushed apart from pregnancy, they cannot be exercised back into position, so that is decided on a case-by-case basis. Pricing for abdominoplasty isn't typically dependent on which components of the procedure are done however.

Richard Baxter, MD

A panniculectomy is less expensive than a tummy tuck because it is a shorter operation. The fee would depend upon the amount of skin to be resected, which would, in turn, correlate to the length of the procedure. My fee would be about $2000 less than for the full tummy tuck, with total costs approximating $7500-8500.

Skin only Tummy Tuck

Fee range from $6500 to $8500. This is what I would charge after I examined you in my office in South Miami Regards from MIAMI Dr. B

There are two basic types of tummy tucks: mini and full. The type that you need will dictate the price, and it based on the area to be treated rather than whether only skin is removed. A mini is for the area below your belly button and a full is for both above and below your belly button. A mini is $5800 and a full is $8000. These prices include all fees (surgical facility, surgeon's fees, anesthesia, all appointments). At my practice in Toronto, Ontario, the price also includes scar therapy and a compression garment. Medications are separate.

Ronald Levine, MD

Addressing Loose Skin with Tummy Tuck

Not every patient who undergoes abdominoplasty requires muscle plication.When patients have relatively tight muscles, the procedure can be performed without this maneuver.In the vast majority of women, who have had four pregnancies, muscle plication is usually always necessary during abdominoplasty.However, without pictures or a physical examination, it’s virtually impossible to know with certainty in your case.
The cost of abdominoplasty is variable and depends on several factors, including the surgeons fee, facility fee, and anesthesia charges.Fees in the Midwestern United States typically range between $5000 and $8000.

Skin-only tummy tuck

The cost of a tummy tuck varies depending on the surgeon and city. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay about $7500 to $9000 for a skin-only tummy tuck in Toronto, ON.