What Size of Permalip Implants Would Be Best for Me?

I have been thinking about getting permalip implants in both my upper and lower lip but I am unsure of what size to get. My lips are a little bit smaller than Scarlett Johansson lips & mine are a less puffy. I've always had a wide nose and I am not willing to get a nose job, although I believe permalip implants could make my nose appear smaller. I would like my lips the size of Angelina Jolie but slightly larger than hers. What size of permalip implants would you recommend?

Thank you for your question. Lip Implants may be a reasonable option for those individuals who are seeking permanent lip enhancement or for those who have not been satisfied with the longevity of effect afforded by hyaluronic acid fillers. The PermaLip (Perma Facial) Implant is FDA approved for permanent lip augmentation. This implant is currently available in three sizes (diameter); 3 mm, 4 mm and 5 mm. During a consultation, your surgeon should have implant samples for you to examine. You can evaluate for yourself the size, shape, and feel of each implant. Also, your surgeon will have the opportunity to examine you, learn about your goals and provide his or her recommendation. It may be helpful to inform your surgeon about whether you had ever achieved with prior treatments the lip appearance that you like. If so, how was that achieved? Using filler? If so, how many syringes? Do you have photos of your lips following that treatment that you can show the doctor? After consultation, most women choose the 4 mm implant. Which size may be recommended for you is highly variable and would depend upon your current lip size and shape, your goals, and your aesthetic taste.

Permalip Implants

Permalip Implants come in 3 sizes of thickness.  Your surgeon will need to measure your lips for the correct length.  The large size would be your best choice, based on what you have said.  You did not post photos.  Schedule an appointment with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD