What size implant for a full C cup? (photos)

I am currently a 34A, BWD 13.0cm, I weigh 110lbs, and am 5'0". I am looking achieve a full C cup. My PS recommends Mentor Silicone Moderate Plus Profile and I am currently undecided between 325cc & 350cc. I don't want to look too large & unproportionte. What do you recommend?

Good choice!

I think your surgeon is spot on.  His recommendations are based first on what fits your frame (that is by using an implant with the appropriate width) and you've chosen an implant projection (moderate Plus) that will certainly make a difference without being overbearing.  As for the precise cup size that will follow -- it all depends on how you wear your bras, where you buy them and how you want to look.  In general, bras are made for breasts, not breast implants.  There are a few bras made specifically for women with implants, but most women with implants don't buy them.  For your 34 inch chest, 150cc is roughly a cup size, so you should certainly go up 2+ cups, don't worry about what the tag says on your new bra!  There is really very little difference between 325 and 350 -- less than 2 tablespoons.  I often have a range of implants on the day of surgery in a range of 50cc and will ask the patients on the day of surgery "are you worried about being too big or too small when we're done?"  If they say "too small," then I look at the high end of the range that I have for them.  I think you would be happy with either one.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

BBA

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

325-350 cc moderate profile breast implants should give you a nice full C cup

Thank you for your question and photograph.  You're very fortunate that you have very natural looking breasts with excellent shape.  He should be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation and your surgeons planned for 325-350 cc breast implants looks like an excellent plan.  This procedure should increase you to a full C cup in the bra you're currently wearing.  Be aware that bra manufacturers often call the same bra a different cup sizes so your result will be important to evaluate in the bra you are currently wearing.  For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Sizing of breast implants is a very individualized process. Essentially, you need to custom fit the implants to your body. In order to properly size implants, you need measurements of several key items. Regardless of what manufacturer of implant your surgeon uses, they all have what is called dimensional fitting systems. These systems basically take some measurements of your breast width, height, and tissue stretch to determine the optimal volume for your particular tissues. i.e. What can your tissues handle? That is the "science" of determining the optimal size implant for your tissues. The artistry with your surgeon comes in taking the ideal size and working with some judgement to get you as close as possible to your desired outcome. So someone 5'0" 115 lbs with 3 children vs. someone with no children may have different optimal volumes due to the differential stretch in their tissues. You can Google "High Five Augmentation" to get a quick idea of the process.

The difference between the two sizes is 25 cc, or less than two tablespoons. Don't sweat it and go with the larger.

Good luck.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

What size implant for a full C cup?

AGAIN over the internet are ONLY a guess!!!! My GUESS is 375 to 400 cc implants as best to obtain a C-cup.... 

Breast Augmentation Mentor

Cup size is a very inaccurate way to communicate because cup sizes are not standardized between manufacturers.We tell our patients that 200cc is about a cup size, and this is also described in our journals.Keep in mind this is not a completely accurate rule, but that said, it sounds like you are on the right track.Also, most women wish they were bigger one year after surgery.However, you seem very worried about being too big, so if you are uncomfortable, just call in and downsize your implants. You only weigh 110 lbs, and probably have a dainty rib cage, so you might want to consider a high profile Mentor which has a narrower base to better fit the diameter of your breasts.  All the best, “Dr. Joe” Gryskiewicz

Achieving a "C" cup

Thank you for your pictures. I think that you're an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation. I would focus less on cup size and more on the desired results. I would produce pictures of your desired results to your plastic surgeon to see if he or she can achieve that "look" with the implants selected.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

What size implant for a full C cup?

This is probably the most frequently asked question. The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 34 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size for a cup

Thanks for your question.  Implant sizing is complicated and involves many variables.  Please review your body proportions, breast dimensions and the characteristics of the implants your are considering.  Your surgeon can help you with this.  3-D simulations, which we have in our practice, are very help too.  A recommendation is beyond the scope of this forum. But, keep in mind that the difference between these implants is very small.

Timothy Connall, MD

What difference does 25 ccs make?

In general if you see a board certified plastic surgeon and select implants based on your base width, you can end up with a very natural result.  In reality, I think these implants should fit your chest well and you will do well with either implant.  For the most part, 25 ccs will make a small difference that you probably won't notice in the end.  Since you use the word "full" in your description, I would suggest the slightly larger implant.