What to Do About Silicone Injections Under Eyes?

i have silicone under my eyes and it makes me puffy and strange looking

Removing silicone from the lower eyelids with surgery in LA

Silicone removal in the lower eyelids is tricky, but possible. I have performed these in the past with success. Surgery90210

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Silicone Reversal Requires Surgery

I would speak with a facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon about your concerns. Unfortunately, the only way to reverse silicone injections is to surgically remove the silicone. There are some other options to camoflauge the results but this can involve additional fillers or fat.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Reversal Requires Surgery

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Injections Under the Eye

Silicone injections are considered strictly off-label.  Unfortunately, Silicone's reputation was largely built by unqualified physicians and sometimes unscrupulous non-medical personnel using a low-grade Silicone products.  Many adverse reactions occurred and it appears very unlikely that the FDA will ever approve more refined Silicone products for facial aesthetic use.  Since Silicone is not metabolized by the body and the only way for it to dissipate is via surgical removal.  The ease or difficulty of this process relate to the quality of the Silicone product and the skill of the original injector.

Silicone Injections Under the Eye

You can't get rid of lower lid silicone

Only surgery will remove this material which should never be injected in the lower lid (or anywhere else for that matter).  The material has infiltrated into the tissues and the lower lid will not allow enough tissue to be removed to "get rid" of all the silicone without severe complications.  Sorry...

You can't get rid of lower lid silicone

There is no easy correction of Silicone under the eyes (or anywhere else)

Silicone was touted as a wonder filler in Plastic surgery. Several times in its checkered history. Then its complications reappear, its use diminishes for 10-15 years or so and then it gets re-discovered (Just like the Jumanji game...).  There is no easy way to remove silicone. (You can try and ask the person ?doctor) who injected you with it. Short of an operation and a permanent scar there are no other treatments. Sorry.

Silicone injections under eyes

Regards, 

Liquid silicone is unsafe, please do not use it ever. The autoimmune response could be triggered by this substance, if you look around on the Internet, you will find patients that have a lot of problems with this product. The use for lips and other areas is off label. The inical use is for retine problems. 

Biopolymers should not be injected into the face or the body, what was injected into your face is presenting inflammatory complications, for this reason the increase in volume, which is known as edema, and you may present nodules, hardening and degeneration of the tissues.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Silicone injections under eyes

Regards,