What is a lateral temple brow lift?

I had a coronal brow lift 20 years ago. It was beautiful, but with aging my right brow and eye has drooped considerably lower than the left. I had my upper and lower lids done more than twenty years ago- the lower for fat pads and the upper for loose skin. I have hypothyroidism and six months ago I had cataract removal.

Temporal brow lift

Many people get a drooping of the lateral brow as they age.  A temporal brow lift is a surgery to elevate just the outer part of the brow.  This helps to decrease the amount of excess skin in the lateral upper lid, and can help with the crow's feet.  This is a good surgery for people who don't need or don't want a full forehead lift.    

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lateral temple brow lift

A lateral temple brow lift involves elevating the brow through an excision of hair bearing skin above the ear. It rarely has long lasting effects when performed without a facelift. An endoscopic brow lift may be a better option for you after a coronal brow lift. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is a lateral temporal browlift?

A lateral temporal browlift involves removal of hairbearing skin  in the scalp in the temporal area in order to lift the eyebrows.  In our practice, we rarely perform this procedure due to the fact that it raises the hairline  unnecessarily.    A revision upper blepharoplasty procedure can accomplish removal of the lateral hooding on the upper eyelids.   For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Lateral temporal brow lift...

In the lateral temporal brow lift, a 2-3 inch incision is created within the hair-bearing scalp above the lateral (outside) brow and temples.  The skin and muscles are elevated down to the orbital rim and then the tissues of the lateral brow and temple are lifted upwards and excess skin removed. It elevates just the lateral (outside) brow and temple as the name implies. I typically use this technique in conjunction with a facelift. It's not the best technique for correcting brow asymmetry; however, taking more skin on one side vs. the other may improve on it.  You may be a better candidate for other brow lifting techniques. A physical exam is indicated to determine that. Seek the consultation of a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. Good luck moving forward!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon